Help › Forums

.02--?????

rated by 0 users
Sat, Jul 23 2011 6:52 PM (13 replies)
  • PAGES
  • renniw52
    5,385 Posts
    Thu, Jul 21 2011 1:41 PM

What is up with the putts stopping .02 short? I have had 26 birdie putts stop .02 short today in 6 games. If I hit it 1 ft farther it lips out and goes 2-3 in any direction you see fit.This is just today. In the past month this has happened so many times I can't even count them. I'm sure I am not alone and want to hear from everybody else who has seen this in their games. That is a programmed stop and don't tell me other wise. I still have not shot under a 32 round and have recorded at least 50 rounds that should have been a 30 and several that should have been 28-29. This is no longer a joke, fix the damn thing.

Thank you

Ren

• jeffdos924
    1,085 Posts
    Thu, Jul 21 2011 2:09 PM

Sounds like you're not hitting them quite stiff enough ..... just a guess.

I know that's usually the problem when it happens to me.  I surely wouldn't be wasting forum space, blaming it on WGT.

• BillyTBudMan
    100 Posts
    Fri, Jul 22 2011 6:48 AM

Mr. renniw52...The joke is certainly over. Now that you've figured it out it's not longer funny to the rest of us.  We all had a good laugh at the fact that it took you and month and 50 rounds before you got smart and figured out the fix was in on all your games.  Don't you worry, we, and by we i mean every other person on the site, have gotten together and have come with some new really promising ideas oh how to fool with you again.  Can't wait to see how long it takes you to figure out the next one.  Good luck to you.

• renniw52
    5,385 Posts
    Fri, Jul 22 2011 7:17 AM

Billy, I was just stating what has been going on in my rounds lately. I also asked if anyone else has noticed this in their games. My point was .02, not .03 or .04 but .02. That just seems very strange to me. But since you have explained that you and every other player on this site have done this to me, I don't need to question it any more. And seeing you didn't mention it I guess it has never happened to you. Good luck to you too.

• aceydeucey
    504 Posts
    Fri, Jul 22 2011 12:27 PM

I especially hate it when it stops .02 short on a downhill putt.  I'm a pretty good putter IRL and don't really leave hardly any putts less than an inch from the hole.  Maybe once every 3 rounds.

So yes, I agree with you. These .02 putts here on WGT are not the norm.  That said, this is only a game and we just have to deal with it and move on.

• PRBBLUFF
    91 Posts
    Fri, Jul 22 2011 2:11 PM

A good putt stops 6-12 inches past the hole. (if it doesn't go in)......A short putt will miss 100% of the time, could be 100 feet short, or .02 short.

• dandaley
    83 Posts
    Fri, Jul 22 2011 2:18 PM

Renn, I have missed a lot of putts within this range lately, I was perplexed, then I played a friend of mine that told me to take off my skirt (no offense ladies) and hit the ball harder.

I was being to tentative with the shorter putts, mostly in the 5 foot range and simply needed to hit a little harder.

Try it what ya got to lose.

• duffer66
    700 Posts
    Fri, Jul 22 2011 3:12 PM

I had 3 stop short today and almost 1 every round I play. The problem is when your within 10ft of the cup and tournament speed green turn to very fast green speed. Most times the ball stops short when it's heading for the hole other wise it will go past if not lined up right when hit at the same speed. I have seen some weird stuff going on with putting lately.

• mantis0014
    8,946 Posts
    Fri, Jul 22 2011 3:14 PM

renniw52:

What is up with the putts stopping .02 short? I have had 26 birdie putts stop .02 short today in 6 games. If I hit it 1 ft farther it lips out and goes 2-3 in any direction you see fit.This is just today. In the past month this has happened so many times I can't even count them. I'm sure I am not alone and want to hear from everybody else who has seen this in their games. That is a programmed stop and don't tell me other wise. I still have not shot under a 32 round and have recorded at least 50 rounds that should have been a 30 and several that should have been 28-29. This is no longer a joke, fix the damn thing.

Thank you

Ren

Very frustrating when this happens. I wouldn't change anything(not much anyway) your doing now, as one day all those putts will start to drop. What's going to happen is your going to start to hit em harder(sometimes too hard) and end up way to far past the hole causing you to miss the putt back. The worse thing to do is to get Angry...when this happens, your frustration will start to get the better of ya.

Also, I noticed when I was going through the Tiers, that when your Ave. starts to drop... the forgiveness in your shots starts to be less forgiving. So keep at it and try not to force anything, eventually you will start to shoot the lower scores.

Good Luck

Roger

• renniw52
    5,385 Posts
    Fri, Jul 22 2011 3:23 PM

Thank you Roger, at least some players on here have better advice than just shut up and quit. 

• PAGES
RSS