Help › Forums

.02--?????

rated by 0 users
Sat, Jul 23 2011 6:52 PM (13 replies)
  • PAGES
  • thebigeasy707
    5,885 Posts
    Fri, Jul 22 2011 7:05 PM

greens speed are changed from time to time...day to day even....just like in real golf....

if you hit a putt what you'd normally hit to hole it and it stops 2 inches short...try adding just a tad more on the next hole because it maybe the green are playing slower that day or faster etc.....just use the savvy. :)

tbe

• mantis0014
    8,946 Posts
    Fri, Jul 22 2011 7:35 PM

thebigeasy707:

greens speed are changed from time to time...day to day even....just like in real golf....

if you hit a putt what you'd normally hit to hole it and it stops 2 inches short...try adding just a tad more on the next hole because it maybe the green are playing slower that day or faster etc.....just use the savvy. :)

tbe

Very good advice Tbe... The Tourny speed greens are most frustrating, cause you don't know which speed your going to get until you start to play em.

Putting is the Key to a great score...I just posted the scorecard on me wall for the latest St.A R/Go F9... 

Started with 2 pars (not happy, just shaved the gettable 12ft birdie putt on the 1st..lol) and finished with 7 one putt greens for 7 birds... 

There is 4 stages to this game...

1- Driving and long 2nd shots on par 5's, which I think I'm pretty good at.

2- Shots onto green.. this is the part of my game I'm lacking at the moment, judging by my Ctth scores....but I'm working on that.

3- Short Shots... Punch,Chip and Flop... I'm pretty good at the Flops.. Not bad at Chipping (just off the green)..Punch, don't use it much for now.

4- Putting... Very Important,  my stats don't show it, but the last few months, I'm pretty deadly on the greens.

Cheers

Roger

• asthma
    336 Posts
    Sat, Jul 23 2011 3:41 PM

Hi Ren

I understand your frustrations. It has happened to me heaps. Seemingly straight putts vier away at the hole, and yes some stop short. Some go long and some miss by a bloody mile and your left scratching your head.

It is not an attack from wgt to try and ruin our games, why would they do that? As in real golf there are variations and we learn to play to those variations. For example green speeds change depending if your with or against the grain.

So, if your first putt is a little short, give the next one a tad more power. If its too long, lay off the next one a tad.

Jump into some practice rounds on different green speeds, you will soon learn how to vary your game to suit the conditions.

Good luck

Dave

• navigater
    1,319 Posts
    Sat, Jul 23 2011 6:52 PM

mostly happens to me when I get comfortable with die at the hole putts

• PAGES
RSS