Forums

Help › Forums

sportsmanship

rated by 0 users
Sat, Jul 23 2011 6:52 PM (5 replies)
  • luckysump
    638 Posts
    Fri, Jul 22 2011 7:18 AM

It seems to me that Sportsmanship in any game not just Golf has been thrown out the window. Win Win Win seems to be the ony thing that counts. whats going on,  with people Quitting, Sandbagging and Verbal Abuse seeming to be the Norm these days what am i to do.

Stop playing and Quit, that just makes me as bad as them, I want to meet new people from around the World make friends and enjoy their Company to enrich my WGT experince.

I could only play with Friends, those people who choose to play with a little respect for other players but then meeting new people go's right out the Window.

I could just  Play with Myself, best to leave that alone i think ( Boring ).

C'mon there's enough people playing Golf on this site that understand the Meaning of this word...RESPECT...Not the Dictionary definition but understand what it really means to use it in your everyday life.

If we don't i fear it will soon be too late and the Game we Love to Hate, will go to a place beyond our reach.

Just give it some thought....Please

Lucky.

• JPOLEARY
    36 Posts
    Fri, Jul 22 2011 7:31 AM

Just turn the chat log off and ignore them as verbal abuse goes. The other stuff your just unlucky immature Tools are out there

• Dichotomy37
    75 Posts
    Fri, Jul 22 2011 7:57 AM

I concur wholeheartedly. 

The only reason I can think of for quitting a round is that a real life situation came up.  At that point explain it to your opponent and, hopefully, reschedule for a later date.

I haven't done much head to head play as I've been doing my best to level up to get the clubs I want and learning how to play the game but I'm not at all opposed to a Saturday afternoon round with somebody who can wipe the course with me.  Opportunity to learn and make a new friend in my book.

• JuanMendoza
    469 Posts
    Fri, Jul 22 2011 5:19 PM

What, morons on the internets? Nawww....

The species is doomed.

• TheProfessorX
    41 Posts
    Sat, Jul 23 2011 6:17 PM

I am about to stop talking to people completely.

Too many idiots who are jerks on here.

• TurkishTerror
    2,177 Posts
    Sat, Jul 23 2011 6:52 PM

In stroke play, I find the more you talk to someone in the beginning, the more likely they are to stay to the end. 

Match Play Challenge, 95% of the time no quitters.................

Overall, most people here are nice and courteous......

Good Luck

RSS