Forums

Help › Forums

Burner 2.0 iron meter vs. taylor made - tri

Mon, Jul 25 2011 6:43 AM (13 replies)
  • PAGES
  • TurkishTerror
    2,177 Posts
    Fri, Jul 22 2011 9:48 AM

Is the meter on the irons the same as the tri driver.  I read somewhere that the tri would speed up toward the end.  Just wondering cause I couldnt hit the tri worth a sh!t and im just about to buy the burners.   Thanks

TT

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Fri, Jul 22 2011 10:00 AM

Nothing like it, TT. You will like the Burner speed. It's in between the i15s and the G10s but more importantly the swing is a constant speed. Most that went from i15s to the Burners say it's a tad slower and easier to hit.

• DAZZA501
    5,972 Posts
    Fri, Jul 22 2011 10:22 AM

Together with the callaway balls the burners are fantastic. I don't really notice the meter being any faster than my driver (level 62 R9) I'd say they've knocked about 4or5 strokes off my game

Dazza

• TurkishTerror
    2,177 Posts
    Sat, Jul 23 2011 9:45 AM

TY YankeeJ and Dazza, 

• ALUMGOLD
    150 Posts
    Sat, Jul 23 2011 12:25 PM

2 months and i still have no clue with them

but i wouldn't give them up

• borntobesting
    9,680 Posts
    Sat, Jul 23 2011 2:19 PM

TurkishTerror:

Is the meter on the irons the same as the tri driver.  I read somewhere that the tri would speed up toward the end.  Just wondering cause I couldnt hit the tri worth a sh!t and im just about to buy the burners.   Thanks

TT

They are only slightly faster than the g-10's that you have now and are much more precise and more forgiving.They also and have more spin and an even higher trajectory so they land very softly in most cases. They are so much easier for me to hit than the I15's were that I have been able to go to the Tour S-D ball and even the ES ball and the BXD ball saving me a few credits and allowing me to save my Callaways for the things like the Opens. And  the distances more closely match the Cleveland wedges.With the 3 iron being rated at 220 and even longer with a tail wind or using top spin at times you can drop the 3 wood and carry all 4 Cleveland wedges. 

• PeterHopper
    1,315 Posts
    Sat, Jul 23 2011 3:38 PM

Great info Bornto.

Cheers

• TurkishTerror
    2,177 Posts
    Sat, Jul 23 2011 6:57 PM

PeterHopper:
    Great info Bornto.
    --ditto

• mantis0014
    8,946 Posts
    Sat, Jul 23 2011 8:05 PM

YankeeJim:

Nothing like it, TT. You will like the Burner speed. It's in between the i15s and the G10s but more importantly the swing is a constant speed. Most that went from i15s to the Burners say it's a tad slower and easier to hit.

I had the I15's before the Burners and think the Burners are a faster meter speed, might be my slower brainwaves moving down to my Finger...lol

Burners are excellent Irons and recommend them to anybody

Cheers

Roger

• oneeyedjohn
    9,570 Posts
    Sat, Jul 23 2011 8:19 PM

I've had these burners a few days now and can't describe the difference they have made.

An example of how good perhaps is having 175 yards to the 17th at St Andrews, and I hit a 5 iron directly to the flag over the bunker, and it stopped 3 feet away.

Just brilliant.

• PAGES
RSS