Help › Forums

Putting Tip: Distance Control

Mon, Jan 2 2023 5:14 PM (1,173 replies)
  • bearclaw27
    553 Posts
    Thu, Apr 28 2011 9:44 PM

JoshLFC1:

good post thanks

how can i see images on 1st page are they working?

I can see the images, so it's probably something on your end..

• dfDurbs
    1,061 Posts
    Thu, May 5 2011 7:33 AM

Alaways use the reverse angle..it'll give you the view directly behind the club :)

• supranoz
    310 Posts
    Mon, May 9 2011 3:58 PM

Tks very much should have read this information at the start, my putting average is stating to come down. This is where I was losing all my shots!

• JaLaBar
    1,254 Posts
    Tue, May 10 2011 11:10 AM

I just use a simple %scale, broken down into 2.5% increments, and estimate the gaps.  When you narrow the estimating down that much, it's pretty easy to do.  Even with a 90' scale, margin for error is only 2.25 yards.

However, I have found this an interesting phenomenon.  15' on a 30' scale doesn't go as far as 15' on a 15' scale, but %wise, if I am shooting for 20' with a 30' scale, I shoot for 17'.  The difference is even greater on a 45 or 90' scale. I will often hit a putt on a 45' scale 7 feet short and it rolls right to the hole, and as a rule I hit 90' scale shots at least 10-15 feet short and the roll right to the hole.  So a 60' putt, I will hit around 55% on a 90' scale, when it should be 66.7%, and it will roll to the cup.

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Tue, May 10 2011 11:12 AM

JaLaBar:
     Even with a 90' scale, margin for error is only 2.25 yards.

Erm, this is 6 1/2 feet!! That's pretty big.

• JaLaBar
    1,254 Posts
    Tue, May 10 2011 11:14 AM

Since I started using the scale, and upgraded to the Redwood (and the Rossa later today), my putting has improved significantly.  I shot a 62 under Tour Pro conditions on BPB yesterday/today and averaged 1.36 putts per hole.  25 putts, just missed the award @#$

• 10luigi10
    346 Posts
    Wed, May 11 2011 3:08 PM

e' davvero utilissimo grazie

• FuzzyBallz
    179 Posts
    Fri, May 20 2011 12:41 AM

Not sure how many use it, or maybe those that have done it won't say, or figured it out something to use for it.

On the green once you are ready to start putting, something I have used in all 5 golf games I have played. Instead of guessing "How hard to hit a good putt " or watching for this or looking to see this. Simple to do, something everybody has, takes 2 things.

1. a piece of paper.

2. something to mark with.

Go to the putter so you can select different settings i.e. 15 / 30 / 50 / 100 or what ever your selection are for the putter you use.

Take the edge of the paper lay it so you can see the start and full power.

Mark the 2 places where it starts and full swing

Fold the paper so those 2 marks line up on each other that is half power mark it there

Fold again to line up the next edge to give you 1/4 and 3/4 power

when finished you will now have a scale to go by, if you set it to lowest setting you should have marks for the range in feet / as example if you had a putter that 25 was lowest marks would be / 0, 3 feet, 6 feet, 9 feet, 12 feet, 15 feet, 18 feet, 21 feet, and full power 25 feet.

Use all 4 edges in same way you will have a scale for every type of putt just about, with less wondering and guessing. Helping you to putt with more confidence to lower those scores. Used this to sink a 60 foot putt today with the Spider Putter, up hill against a break away green slope.

• chucku1951
    1 Posts
    Sat, May 28 2011 6:08 PM

I am an avid golfer, although a hacker. What frustrates me is the putting aspect. I can put. But no matter where I point the putter there seems to be a distinct left strike by the putting avatar...frustrating no matter which way I move the blue arrow to read the greens. Not worth playing this game if it will not work properly. I have played Wii and xbox, as well as pc games. This game is not user friendly.

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Sat, May 28 2011 7:20 PM

chucku1951:
    But no matter where I point the putter there seems to be a distinct left strike by the putting avatar.

Don't pay attention to how the avatar moves, just trust your aim and the ding. The avatar direction has no impact on your putt.

RSS