Forums

Help › Forums

Putting Tip: Distance Control

Mon, Jan 2 2023 5:14 PM (1,173 replies)
  • SGTBilko
    1,686 Posts
    Sun, May 29 2011 4:28 AM

FuzzyBallz:
    when finished you will now have a scale to go by, if you set it to lowest setting you should have marks for the range in feet / as example if you had a putter that 25 was lowest marks would be / 0, 3 feet, 6 feet, 9 feet, 12 feet, 15 feet, 18 feet, 21 feet, and full power 25 feet.

You mean this. I have used it ever since I have been here but this one is actually an older version. The current one I use is 15, 30, and 60. I have them for Redwood and Daytona putter. If anyone wants a copy just let me know it is in MS Excel

• FuzzyBallz
    179 Posts
    Mon, May 30 2011 11:11 PM

Yeah like that I did not take it as far on lines, I only use 7 between start and full swing.

The only thing about swapping or sharing the marks, monitor size, screen settings will change depending on how each has theirs set up.

20" wide screen monitor compared to a 17" laptop would be different.

1440 x 900 screen setting compared to 1920 x 1080 screen settings will change marks as well.

• fatboymonty
    15 Posts
    Thu, Jun 9 2011 1:18 PM

is this guide right?  with the spider putter there only seem to be two steps.

• mscharting
    1 Posts
    Thu, Jun 16 2011 9:32 PM

Hi codmot,

I use a similar approach.  Made some pencil marks on the screen frame of my Mac just below the swing meter.

This works reasonably well for me for power control (even though full shots and putts have a slight offset).

No if I could only ding it reliably...

• MUSTAQBAL1
    270 Posts
    Fri, Jun 17 2011 1:45 AM

hi sgtbilko, i recently purchased the daytona putter and still getting used to it. i would like a copy of your scale for it if that is ok with you.

thanks,

ronafulmerii@hotmail.com

• scofnix
    17 Posts
    Fri, Jun 17 2011 4:12 AM

Please can u send it to me?

• amlugofdeath
    10 Posts
    Mon, Jun 20 2011 3:10 PM

Thank you very much for this informative post. Putting was one of my weakest points in this game and I would always confuse the colors for uphill and downhill. Your tip has really helped me understand the mechanics of putting and I will put forth my effort to tweak it my own way so make brilliant shots. 

• DWadeE
    1 Posts
    Mon, Jun 20 2011 8:59 PM

Thank you so much especially since reading "If you're using a putter other than the Starter, you'll need to apply the formula and figure out the movements for yourself."

• scotty4537
    10 Posts
    Thu, Jun 23 2011 6:10 PM

I am new to the WGT,and have read and seen the illustrations on putting.

What I cant comprehend is,say for example the hole is 4feet 6 inches away,if

you move yout putter in 5 stages,this would surely mean a shot of 30 feet,hence

the ball would finish up 25 feet the other side of the hole.

Have I misread or misunderstood the diagrams and information.

Any help would be much appreciated............................Scotty4537

• scotty4537
    10 Posts
    Thu, Jun 23 2011 6:23 PM

Hi....I would very much appreciate a copy if its no trouble.

Many thanks...........Scotty4537

RSS