Forums

Help › Forums

There has got to be some way to improve putting.

rated by 0 users
Sun, Jul 24 2011 7:50 PM (3 replies)
  • mavbill84
    4 Posts
    Sun, Jul 24 2011 7:19 PM

I have not had a round with less than 44 putts and my last one had 51 putts. Actually had one green with 6 putts with four coming from less than three feet. Direction and speed seem to be wildly inconsistent. I've read the tutorial and that has done no good at all. Is there no ability practice putting for this thing? Does anyone have any tips at all? Not worth playing it if the putting ability is going to be that bad.

• manabouttown11
    573 Posts
    Sun, Jul 24 2011 7:37 PM

Have you seen this??

http://www.wgt.com/forums/p/55576/326107.aspx#326107

The table is a very good guide.

Also i have put a bit of sticky tape over power meter marked at regular intervals to assist with my driver and iron shots which also gives an excellent indication of putting distance as well. As far as direction is concerned i am yet to master that part of putting :-(

Putting is i'm finding very difficult for me but i have cut out most of the 3+ putts by using the tips in these forums and a bit of tape.

You will hear it again and again from those that know, practice, practice, practice.

I have also found St Andrews, due to it's enormous greens, is the best place to practice putting.

Hope this helps. Hang in there.

• MBaggese
    15,367 Posts
    Sun, Jul 24 2011 7:46 PM

Get rid of the EZ swing putter, re-equip yourself with the Starter putter and learn to aim and hit the ding.

• TheAceFactor
    2,147 Posts
    Sun, Jul 24 2011 7:50 PM

Bill , this is not a stab....you have 25 ranked rounds. The way most practice is to set up a practice round , get on the green , and exceed your 10 shot limit by just putting from different areas on the green. Same on next hole , and so and so on. I'm sure plenty of help will be here shortly...I might advise putting in reverse. Makes reads much better. It's more like a camera  2 or 3 ft. off the ground filming you from behind the cup as apposed to someone holding a camera while standing on top of a 6 ft. ladder behind you. It takes time...GL.

Ace

RSS