Forums

Help › Forums

The greens

rated by 0 users
Tue, Jul 26 2011 3:29 AM (2 replies)
  • bennyfaldo
    3 Posts
    Tue, Jul 26 2011 2:32 AM

Can someone explain to me why, when the greens are classified as `Fast`, the putt does not run true off, down or back down a slope ???  Balls even stop on slopes !!!!!!!!!!!

As a 16 handicapper in real life, I understand the speed and cut of greens on a stimpmeter & for competitions, but the run of the ball on this programme is not true.

Bennyfaldo

• WGTicon
    12,511 Posts
    Tue, Jul 26 2011 2:48 AM

hi,

fast are basically average.  there is very fast, tournament 1 & 2 + championship. once you get faster greens, you will see the difference

-wgticon

• SANDYDUNE
    166 Posts
    Tue, Jul 26 2011 3:29 AM

Just played CCC in a Country Club tournament. The greens are classified as "slow" so you do not putt the ball so much as bash it. Adding at least a foot for each 5 ft of travel on distance to hole yardage.

However chipping from the fringe 7 yds 3" uphill yard off the green with a 25% lie the ball travels 10yds. Came out of the fringe like an exocet. I did use 7yds on the caddy using a burner PW expecting to come up short.

Is it safe to assume that the speed quoted for the greens also affects the amount of roll when chipping, pitching and using punch shots? I've always used this strategy but there are inconsitencies especially since the fringes were modified in a recent update.

By the same token chips can also come up short. Unfortunately scrambling round the greens can sometimes be a matter of luck. Hopefully when I get to 88 I will have more time to practice rather than concentrating on XP points in ranked rounds.

RSS