Help › Forums

CTTH St.Andrews

rated by 0 users
Wed, Sep 14 2011 3:21 PM (2 replies)
  • MZinnow
    184 Posts
    Fri, Jul 29 2011 12:08 PM

Hi all,

after some - more or less - frustrating tries I'd like to get some advice :-)

In the challenge above you face a bunker setting with 127 yds to go. I tried more than enough settings from my own experience to get the ball near the hole - but nothing works :-|

Any help/tipps...? ;-)

bye for now,

Marco

• Joeyola
    1,210 Posts
    Fri, Jul 29 2011 2:30 PM

As you already know, the 4th challenge at SA is hard, and the strong wind is no help.  Like many CTTH shots, backspin (bs) is key here...I still use my trusty G10 Steel Irons (available at Level 59) and have had limited success.  I usually use the 145y 8 iron or the 130y 9 iron (depending on the wind)...hitting a full shot with full power (most of the time) and with  full bs.  Be mindful of that wide hogs back in front of the green...try to go up the middle landing just in front*...which allows the ball trickle down to the hole.  There is no margin for error on this shot and I'd guess even experienced players have less that a  30 to 50% chance of making the heart beat or inside 10 feet.  With the free clubs, its was almost imposable to get the ball to stay on the green...at least it was for me.  Anyway, see how that works for you and let me know how you make out. 

Joey

*Using clubs with less spin might required landing in front of the green to brake momentum.  And if you can do that on purpose, start giving lessons (smile).

• oilyrag
    875 Posts
    Wed, Sep 14 2011 3:21 PM

Joeyola:

As you already know, the 4th challenge at SA is hard, and the strong wind is no help.  Like many CTTH shots, backspin (bs) is key here...I still use my trusty G10 Steel Irons (available at Level 59) and have had limited success.  I usually use the 145y 8 iron or the 130y 9 iron (depending on the wind)...hitting a full shot with full power (most of the time) and with  full bs.  Be mindful of that wide hogs back in front of the green...try to go up the middle landing just in front*...which allows the ball trickle down to the hole.  There is no margin for error on this shot and I'd guess even experienced players have less that a  30 to 50% chance of making the heart beat or inside 10 feet.  With the free clubs, its was almost imposable to get the ball to stay on the green...at least it was for me.  Anyway, see how that works for you and let me know how you make out. 

Joey

*Using clubs with less spin might required landing in front of the green to brake momentum.  And if you can do that on purpose, start giving lessons (smile).

oops probably wrong

we all know why CTTH is a problem eh

RSS