Forums

Help › Forums

Day 10 of 2018 -12 Days of Christmas Gifting

Sun, Dec 23 2018 9:27 AM (31 replies)
  • andwhy67
    2,816 Posts
    Sat, Dec 22 2018 3:23 PM

Robert1893:
    there were elements of this event I found a bit discouraging.

Oh yes!

• SeabrookFlash
    463 Posts
    Sat, Dec 22 2018 3:44 PM

Thank you so much for the gift, old friend. I hope you enjoy a Merry Christmas.  How's everything at IHGN. Tell Scott I said hello.

God Bless

Corey

• callaghan159
    6,313 Posts
    Sat, Dec 22 2018 4:58 PM

Robert1893:

andwhy67:

gifting seems to have dried up??

For this event, I set aside 25,000 credits. I actually ended up gifting just a bit more than that. Regardless, once I met that limit, I stopped. I want to maintain a bank of credits for future events, if they take place. 

Still, I have to be honest, there were elements of this event I found a bit discouraging. Even so, I'll leave it at that and won't engage in "naming names."

Be well, all. 

Merry Christmas and the best of holidays to all. 

+1----- I had 40,000 set aside and only gave away half of it because of the above mention

• darek2
    1,880 Posts
    Sat, Dec 22 2018 6:35 PM

wow so from top 16 I'm just one with little contribution - Merry Christmas

never regret , its the best season

• drmoose
    3,538 Posts
    Sat, Dec 22 2018 7:52 PM

Let me be the first to say that your overwhelming generosity is much to be accoladed.There are very few others who have joined in this years' event up to this time. One can only hope its not all about receiving, but, that a lil' gifting may come from the coffers we've helped to fill.

Doc :)

• SidersBest
    873 Posts
    Sat, Dec 22 2018 8:29 PM

The 12 Days of Christmas was a program started by well meaning players to wanting to help other player that had needs. This year we've had more request from upper level player that have made bad choices. 

Thank you all for gifting that has been done, but if you gave with the wrong motive, I'm sorry you wasted your resources. And I thank you for participating and the less fortunate appreicate you gifts

However, if you gave because you wanted others to have a better experience while playing this game and it made you feel good for having something to share. Thank you from the bottom of my heart.

We only have 2 days remaining, I pray we stay positive, gift if you have a mind to, but if not, lets not drag the Post in the ground out of respect for the founders.

Siders Best

• Robert1893
    7,712 Posts
    Sat, Dec 22 2018 8:51 PM

Building off what SB posts above, I would like to note a couple of things.

First, I did feel very fortunate to be in a position to give to others. Overall, being a part of this year's event was a positive experience for me. I want to make that clear. I fear it might get lost in the noise. I really enjoyed giving to others. Thanks to SB for hosting the event and doing all the heavy lifting. 

And second, without exception, every player I sent a gift to was extremely appreciative. Each recipient was quick with a genuine message of thanks. In fact, some of their notes of gratitude were actually very humbling. Truly, I was blessed. 

In other words, I believe every gift that was given were credits well spent. I hope we do this again in July. I will again be saving up credits for it. 

• andwhy67
    2,816 Posts
    Sun, Dec 23 2018 4:36 AM

I gave because I had the credits through watching videos, I had all the clubs/balls etc that I needed so was more than happy to give to others.

And yes some of the messages I got were worth the 'expense' so to speak, made a few new 'friends' to have a round with, but I was a little put off by some multiple requests, and some requests by 'top earners' with obviously credits in the bank for themselves.

Never mind, live and learn, still a couple of days yet to go, who knows?

Thanks SB for arranging this, still a great experience to be able to give.

Merry Xmas to you all

Andy

• Ketket1
    7,005 Posts
    Sun, Dec 23 2018 4:40 AM

Day 6 Treadstone sent. Day 7 RoccoTT and Icantbeatluck sent. 

• Ketket1
    7,005 Posts
    Sun, Dec 23 2018 4:47 AM

SidersBest:

The 12 Days of Christmas was a program started by well meaning players to wanting to help other player that had needs. This year we've had more request from upper level player that have made bad choices. 

Thank you all for gifting that has been done, but if you gave with the wrong motive, I'm sorry you wasted your resources. And I thank you for participating and the less fortunate appreicate you gifts

However, if you gave because you wanted others to have a better experience while playing this game and it made you feel good for having something to share. Thank you from the bottom of my heart.

We only have 2 days remaining, I pray we stay positive, gift if you have a mind to, but if not, lets not drag the Post in the ground out of respect for the founders.

Siders Best

I think it's  a brilliant idea. I have gifted to 4 players and from all of them I have received really humbling messages. I'm fortunate enough to be in a position to gift. Others aren't. Everyone has different life circumstances and it's fantastic to see those that can gift to those that can't. Long may it continue. 

RSS