Forums

Help › Forums

Pro help?

rated by 0 users
Sun, Jul 31 2011 12:29 PM (4 replies)
  • kingsman142
    36 Posts
    Sun, Jul 31 2011 10:40 AM

I just got promoted from Amateur to Pro yesterday.  How do I cope with the fast green?  Putts that I use to be able to make go a couple inches in another direction.

Also, as a Pro, are there any new things that I should look for (wind)?

• piztaker
    5,743 Posts
    Sun, Jul 31 2011 11:30 AM

Just knock about 10% off your distance, you'll soon get used to it.

• kingsman142
    36 Posts
    Sun, Jul 31 2011 11:56 AM

Ok thanks.  I'm kind of missing my birdies and pars when I was an Amateur.

• lee22sharon
    1,419 Posts
    Sun, Jul 31 2011 12:07 PM

buy a ball that slows down your swing meter, gs13, calloway, dove.  makes a big differance. the wind speed approx 1mph per yard, except under 120 yards of distance much less effect on ball flight.  always check elevation to the green 1 foot = 1 yard.  evelavation on putts, 1 inch = 1 foot,  all of these things should be considered before every hit of the ball, reguardless of your tier or level.  it does not get easier as you play, the experience gained just makes the correct decision easier to make.  you must ding as often as possable for the best results.  other wise you must train yourself in the other way of controling your accuracy, which i found much more difficult.  hope this helps. my nickel.

• MainzMan
    9,590 Posts
    Sun, Jul 31 2011 12:29 PM

You've already been given sound advice, I'd only add that the faster the greens, the more the ball will break.  This isn't really due to the faster green, more that you're hitting the ball slower so side slope effects it more.

RSS