Forums

Help › Forums

3 Concerns

rated by 0 users
Wed, Jan 30 2019 11:02 PM (22 replies)
  • CowboyTed
    53 Posts
    Tue, Jan 29 2019 2:33 PM

I recently sent this letter to WGT and wanted to post it on the forums. I know there will be those who disagree but this is my opinion.

To WGT,

I really do like this game,... and I don't mind paying for the equipment and balls to be better. Most on my friends list and those I have chatted with feel the same way. However, there are some major concerns that I am sure you have heard before.

I have never said,.."I was WGT'ed" when i hit a bad shot. There is always something I overlooked or failed to do.

With that said:

For one thing,...I really think your way of allowing people people to buy equipment needs to be modified. I have tried my best to "tier up" and while I am trying there are those, as you are aware, that sandbag using this "leveling up" method instead of tiering up.  It makes it really difficult when a player is outrageously good but purposefully keeps his or her score low to avoid tiering to keep, sometimes, an 80 to 100+ yard advantage from the tee.

I know this game is about profit,... otherwise it cannot work. However it should be fair as well. This is just one player among many doing this,.... plaer name withheld,... since tour master has only 2 rated games and holds a 63 avg,... yet he is able to literally blow Legends away because of the disadvantage in clubs. Yet to get to better clubs for Legends or others who improved their game quickly you have to reach levels that require 100's of thousands of more experience points  to get equipment or do as someTour Mastes and lower tier players do. Go for the "levels" instead of the tier.

I hope this concern doesn't get dismissed because it is a community concern.

Now also since the total number of rated games has significantly been raised for Legends to tier up, some Tour Legends and Champions are accusing us of sandbagging. I want to achieve what I think I am capable of but it is getting tiresome to think I have to play another 2-3 years before I can tier up myself.

While I am writing ,.. there is one more contention I would like to address.

On the PGA tour with the most capable players in the game,... they do not restrict their vision or otherwise make it difficult,... the conditions are difficult enough for Legends thru Tour Champion so why is it you poke a stick in our eyes as we get better????

Why do you take views and camera angles away?? Some shots around the greens, no matter what view you use , are worthless and you have to make a guess. Kiawah is a good example of that.

Again,... I love this game but some adjustments do need to be made.

Thank You,    CBT

• andwhy67
    2,816 Posts
    Tue, Jan 29 2019 2:46 PM

CowboyTed:
    it is getting tiresome to think I have to play another 2-3 years before I can tier up myself.

No, I don't think you do.

I don't think they as you put it take away camera views or angles, these courses are extensively photographed, greens mapped etc. I'm sure somewhere there is footage somewhere on how they go about it, then and now.

Now Kiawah, I know I will be put right by some people, I accept that but Kiawah along with Bethpage were the first two courses on here. I believe Kiawah was only originally photographed with one set of pins, the other set added earlier, hence some of the angles look odd so to speak.

CowboyTed:
    On the PGA tour

This is not the PGA tour.

• CowboyTed
    53 Posts
    Tue, Jan 29 2019 2:54 PM

This is not the PGA tour,....     whatever,... you miss the point. But it was to be expected.

And yes as you level up they do take away camera views

• ct690911
    7,205 Posts
    Tue, Jan 29 2019 3:09 PM

"Now also since the total number of rated games has significantly been raised for Legends to tier up, some Tour Legends and Champions are accusing us of sandbagging...."

Ted, you lost me a bit with the above...A level 100 Tour Pro with top equipment and short tees is a sandbagger in my view. Legends, TLs and Champions all hit from the same tees and have comparable equipment...I don't see how Legends could be referred to as sandbaggers. If I was accused of this, I would simply ignore it.

ct

ps: my average is 68 based on 500+ ranked rounds. I play alternate almost exclusively now,. The odd time I play stroke I shoot my average...oh well. Would these players feel better if I played stroke from red tees to artificially tier up?

• CowboyTed
    53 Posts
    Tue, Jan 29 2019 3:13 PM

Colin,

I agree,... but I have been accused that way! And I connot tier up for a long while.

• DoctorLarry
    4,302 Posts
    Tue, Jan 29 2019 4:49 PM

I hear you Ted, but I doubt there is much WGT could do about some of the folks "gaming" they system.  Probably not much they want to do either, as long as folks are buying balls and equipment.

I know that I hit Legend well before expected (Nov 31, 2018), since my average was too high.  I had just gotten some new clubs and balls and thought I had a lot of time to learn them before tiering up to Legend but then - Boom!  I placed high in a few tournaments and woke up one morning a Legend with a 62.62 average (until I played again!).

Getting to Legend is hard enough and then everything (EVERYTHING) gets harder.

Oh well, I keep working on the levels to get better myself and some day get better equipment to have to re-learn!

• Robert1893
    7,712 Posts
    Tue, Jan 29 2019 5:48 PM

CowboyTed:
    Now also since the total number of rated games has significantly been raised for Legends to tier up, some Tour Legends and Champions are accusing us of sandbagging.

Since CT has already addressed one aspect of this, I'll address the other.

There have no reports or suggestions that number of ranked rounds to saturate at Legend has changed. It only changed for Tour Legends.

• ffries61
    522 Posts
    Tue, Jan 29 2019 7:02 PM

CowboyTed:

This is not the PGA tour,....     whatever,... you miss the point. But it was to be expected.

And yes as you level up they do take away camera views

Well I'm only 1 tier, and 19 levels up from you, but the only camera angles I'm missing are the ones from Oakmont, all of them :( 

• andwhy67
    2,816 Posts
    Tue, Jan 29 2019 8:50 PM

CowboyTed:
    you miss the point.

NO

• CowboyTed
    53 Posts
    Tue, Jan 29 2019 9:19 PM

Now correct me if I am wrong but a year and a half ago I believe it was 50 ranked or 100 ranked rounds "as a Legend" to move up,... not the total ranked rounds you have played. Now , I have been told, it requires 500 ranked rounds "as a Legend" to move up.

RSS