Help › Forums

chat chat chat.......ah not today

rated by 0 users
Mon, Mar 16 2015 1:54 AM (10 replies)
  • PAGES
  • freddysfunky
    38 Posts
    Thu, Aug 4 2011 9:29 AM

This is a post to all those people who feel aggrieved that a playing partner doesn't use the chat feature. On occasions, actually most of the time,I play using the full screen mode which means that I don't like to chat and say pleasantries like nice shot or unlucky pal or ewwww that was close. Now if a player chooses to play like this then it's up to him or her. Don't go abusing the player after the match. Is it bad etiquette to not chat during a game??? Show me somewhere  where it says "thou must use the chat feature whilst playing an alternate shot game or be eternally damned" and i'll happily abide by this. But until then, shut up and don't abuse me.

• MBaggese
    15,367 Posts
    Thu, Aug 4 2011 11:51 AM

freddysfunky:
    Show me somewhere  where it says

Here: ;)

freddysfunky:
    "thou must use the chat feature whilst playing an alternate shot game or be eternally damned"

I know where you're coming from tho, just be polite, tell'em at the beginning you don't care to chat.

• PRIESTESS
    10,716 Posts
    Thu, Aug 4 2011 12:39 PM

That is the problem with the wgt large screen in that you have to keep popping in and out of it to chat,I use that window too

• PeterHopper
    1,315 Posts
    Thu, Aug 4 2011 3:00 PM

Indeed. Just say at the beginning, thanks for the game, I'd rather not chat if you don't mind.

• Briton
    38 Posts
    Sun, Mar 15 2015 7:46 AM

It's easy to sense whether someone would rather not chat.  I don't mind talking about the game.  

What I do dislike is people ignoring the a gl, and to some extent, the shot acknowledgements. Idle gits.

• MichaelStroke
    2,066 Posts
    Sun, Mar 15 2015 8:33 AM

Pretty easy to me - I don't say anything until they say something first.  If they say "hi" or "gl" or "nb", I will as well.  If they engage, I will as well.

If they say nothing, I will as well.

Not everyone is born with personality.

• ScottHope
    10,357 Posts
    Sun, Mar 15 2015 8:35 AM

PRIESTESS:
    That is the problem with the wgt large screen in that you have to keep popping in and out of it to chat,I use that window too

What's the advantage of      over      if any?
  • borntobesting
    9,683 Posts
    Sun, Mar 15 2015 10:40 AM

ScottHope:

PRIESTESS:

None that I can see. You can't chat with WGT's full screen and it is much fuzzier than my browser full screen

• courteneyfish
    15,796 Posts
    Sun, Mar 15 2015 11:04 AM
    She asked that 4 years ago.
  • lee22sharon
    1,419 Posts
    Sun, Mar 15 2015 2:21 PM

borntobesting:

ScottHope:

PRIESTESS:

None that I can see. You can't chat with WGT's full screen and it is much fuzzier than my browser full screen

I use maxthon, the browzer has its own full screen mode, and with my pc, I also can use F11.  Both appear the same (never measured it), and I can chat without leaving the full screen.  Both full screens are a great deal better than the WGT full screen.

As to whether you care to chat or not is the players choice, but I do not understand joining a multi-player round if you DO NOT chat.  Whats the point?

My advice is to enter on the lobby screen in advance that you do not care to chat.  That way people who do enjoy and use the chat feature can do so with a group of players that excludes you.  Fair notification to others is just being courteous.  My nickle.

• PAGES
RSS