Help › Forums

Game Controller?

rated by 0 users
Thu, Aug 11 2011 9:19 AM (11 replies)
  • PAGES
  • boert57
    2 Posts
    Mon, Aug 8 2011 7:15 PM

I have been playing for several months and I am currently at the Tour Pro tier. I am playing with a wireless mouse and still make some ridiculous shot errors with it. I can't seem to break through to the elite score level that I see others attaining.

Would I have more success with a game controller device that incorporates a joy stick and A and B buttons?

• WGTicon
    12,511 Posts
    Tue, Aug 9 2011 12:03 AM

Hi,

As far as  know, right now, there are no plans to support it

-wgticon

• danohi50
    1,020 Posts
    Tue, Aug 9 2011 12:04 AM

Belive it or not  a wireless mouse can lag, which will screw up your shots..

get a usb corded one  you will be glad you did

• zolthar
    134 Posts
    Tue, Aug 9 2011 10:46 AM

You do not need support from WGT to use a game controller. If you have a decent one available, google joy2mouse. It allows you to use a gamepad type device to control mouse events.

Works fairly well if you have a good controller (with good latency, like ie: PS2 gamepad with PC adapter). I personally use this one to "show off" the game to friends and family on the big screen. Plus, I find that I can sometimes ding better with a thumb button when my trigger finger has a "night off".

• birdwell
    561 Posts
    Tue, Aug 9 2011 2:45 PM

zolthar:

You do not need support from WGT to use a game controller. If you have a decent one available, google joy2mouse. It allows you to use a gamepad type device to control mouse events.

Works fairly well if you have a good controller (with good latency, like ie: PS2 gamepad with PC adapter). I personally use this one to "show off" the game to friends and family on the big screen. Plus, I find that I can sometimes ding better with a thumb button when my trigger finger has a "night off".

Try a track ball.

I have this awesome old one - it's as big a netbook! LMAO

• JuanMendoza
    469 Posts
    Tue, Aug 9 2011 3:43 PM

True PC gamers use a mouse and keyboard.

I think your console-kiddie roots are showing...

• quakker
    167 Posts
    Tue, Aug 9 2011 4:24 PM

I use a USB mouse but I think most of my problems are between brain and fingers rather than fingers and PC. I've thought of buying one of those 'expensive' mouse models with a much higher resolution, anybody had any experience with them

• zolthar
    134 Posts
    Tue, Aug 9 2011 5:47 PM

True PC gamers use a mouse and keyboard.

I think your console-kiddie roots are showing...

I happen to have Hyperspin for Mame emu running on my HTPC. I find it much more fun using this controller for arcade classics rather than a any wireless pc keyboard. It also configures with XBMC on pc and nicely compliments a Harmony One remote.

BTW, kids do have a PS3 and Wii though personally never played much on any console.

I've thought of buying one of those 'expensive' mouse models with a much higher resolution, anybody had any experience with them
    It's not so much about the resolution but latency (response time). Give a Logitech G9x series a try.. quite positive you will like it especially for WGT.

• Teedaawg
    276 Posts
    Tue, Aug 9 2011 8:10 PM

I use a "Steelseries XAI laser mouse" (gamer's mouse) and had noticed the difference immediately from the regular one (USB). A tad pricey,... I think I paid around $100 for it but I think it's worth the price~!

• quakker
    167 Posts
    Wed, Aug 10 2011 2:55 PM

tnx for the info guys, xmas and b'day at other end of the year, I suppose I'll have to spend my own money!!! shucks!!

• PAGES
RSS