Forums

Help › Forums

Question on recording 1080p gameplay for Youtube

rated by 0 users
Thu, Mar 28 2019 12:55 PM (3 replies)
  • MUSTAQBAL1
    270 Posts
    Wed, Mar 27 2019 12:06 PM

Hi everyone, just a quick question on how to record your game at 1080p for posting on Youtube.  I have uploaded a game before to Youtube but after the upload, it was not clear like you are watching it on the screen.  There always seems to be a bit of fuzziness or like the resolution is 720 or something.  Would anyone happen to know how to get around this?  I was using OBS, or Open Broadcast Software previously but there seems to be some type of setting that I am missing and can't figure it out.  I mean, if you are watching and playing the game on your sreen and it is in 1080p clarity, shouldn't you be able to capture that somehow?  

I would appreciate any tips or pointers that you may have.

Thanks everyone,

Ron

• fmagnets
    3,640 Posts
    Wed, Mar 27 2019 12:47 PM

It's possible this is a display issue with Youtube. Sometimes Youtube will play videos to you in low resolution to try and match your download speed. There is a cog shaped icon in the Youtube video viewing window that you can use to adjust the resolution upwards. It will take longer to load, but might fix your problem. 

• MUSTAQBAL1
    270 Posts
    Thu, Mar 28 2019 12:18 PM

Thanks for the reply. I don't think that is the problem though and you can see for yourself if you have the time.  I'll put a link to the video below.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UzNxqtsEv0Q

You'll notice on full screen that there is just a bit of haziness.  I do play on an external monitor that is 24 inches which is what i recorded this game on.  My laptop is 17 inches.  Maybe there is a correlation there?  

• Kenher01
    1,151 Posts
    Thu, Mar 28 2019 12:55 PM

Hi Ron,

Also try In OBS Settings, Output, Output Mode; Simple

Recording Quality, High Quality, Medium File Size

Encoder, Hardware (NVENC) {IF this is available to you}

Output Mode Advanced, Encoder NIVIDIA NVENC H.264 (new) {IF this is available to you}

Video, Output (Scaled) Resolution 1280 x 720 (This Is more than ample, Better than the x 480 you currently have it set to, you can try x 1080 & see how your Gameclient/Meter & PC handles it)

Hope some of this helps, Ken

RSS