Forums

Help › Forums

How to use Excel wind charts

Mon, Mar 21 2022 9:20 AM (6 replies)
  • vanmol
    35 Posts
    Tue, May 7 2019 10:04 AM

Hi---I have just installed MS Excel 2013. I have downloaded a couple of Excel Wind Charts which will open and show the spreadsheet with some info in each column. I can not figure out how to input my own stats such as Wind or Yardage and such. Can someone  please explain how to use these programs.   Frank

• ScottHope
    10,288 Posts
    Tue, May 7 2019 10:48 AM

Frank, it would be helpful if you could point us in the direction of these downloads so we can take a look at them, cheers.
    Scott.

P.S. You are in a great club, don't overlook your CC forum.  ; )

• DoctorLarry
    4,301 Posts
    Tue, May 7 2019 6:06 PM

ScottHope:

Frank, it would be helpful if you could point us in the direction of these downloads so we can take a look at them, cheers.
    Scott.

P.S. You are in a great club, don't overlook your CC forum.  ; )

Agree with this.  

Also - where did you find the downloads?  Several players have posted info here and some have info in their youtube videos.

• vanmol
    35 Posts
    Wed, May 8 2019 9:11 AM

This is the site where I downloaded the last Program

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1ypUPCEzAH1ebhiMVYHOVE7LVnqDOCWlW/view

• ScottHope
    10,288 Posts
    Wed, May 8 2019 10:48 AM

Thanks for that Frank.

It doesn't look too complex, just change the values in cells A2 & B2 to get the required distance for a plus elevation shot with the result being shown in C2.

Change the values in cells C5 & D5 for a minus elevation shot with the result being shown in cell E5.

Change the values in cells F2 & G2 for the wind effect with the result being shown in cell H2.

Don't change the values in cells C2, E5 & H2 as those cells contain formulas.

You don't really need the down elevation calculator, as you can just enter a negative elevation value into the up elevation calculator.

EDIT : Excel may block you from making any changes to a downloaded file to start with, if that's the case, click the file tab in Excel, then click the info option in the left pane, then click the enable editing button.

• Jahooot07
    1 Posts
    Mon, Mar 21 2022 7:44 AM

Hey i need help with the numbers and stuff. Can u message me?

• ScottHope
    10,288 Posts
    Mon, Mar 21 2022 9:20 AM

Post your question here and you will be able to take advantage of the whole community's knowledge.  : )

RSS