Help › Forums

What I like about WGT

rated by 0 users
Mon, Aug 15 2011 7:45 PM (0 replies)
  • dandaley
    83 Posts
    Mon, Aug 15 2011 7:45 PM

1st and foremost the MEMBERS / players. 

It's a great game and a fun way to pass the time of day. It is not very expensive to play after you have the clubs you need to play fairly well.

What else I like about the game is, I get a chance to play people from around the world, I use Skype to talk to some, and those on my friends list are very friendly and look at this as entertainment and a game. Yes we take it seriously but come on it is supposed to be fun and we have a blast playing.

I see a lot of people complaining about everything-VEM, low scores, quitters and I could go on all night but why complain. VEM is the variable that keeps this game from being too easy, thus boring. Can you always hit perfect shots on the real course, do you always hit perfect putts and sink a fair percentage of 1st puts on the real course NO. So who cares, some days the course will have its due, some days you can do no wrong. Those that shoot very low scores earn it through dedication to this game. There are quitters and losers in real life.  Get to know some people here and once you establish some great friends, they have great friends and soon you will have plenty of people to play that don't quit. 

There are some interesting "characters" here on WGT (no offense ever intended) I love the 3 stooges, I mean fun types.  1st one comes into mind is "Yancy Can", is he a hoot or what?  Then there is Lizzie, OMG if ever you get her mad is there anywhere safe to hide? But she is special and has a unique perspective on things which is a true gift. Of course you have the other wizards at this game as the top performers who live and breathe WGT. Point is there are many great ambassadors of this game and I believe for the most part people really love to play and enjoy themselves here. 

I recently met a girl named Michelle, she is with Club Integrity, I have to say she puts her heart and soul into this game and does a fantastic job with her club, she is a marketing genius and an asset to her club and WGT. I have rarely seen such dedication from anyone and I deal with many people in business.

Without WGT life would go on but I would never of had the opportunity to associate with such nice people as Rheal, Raymond, Calvin, Don, Michelle and others who through this game  help me overcome the stresses of work and everyday life.

I guess the point to my  post is enjoy yourself, look at all the good this game has done and all the fantastic people here-My momma had always told me if you have nothing good to say then say nothing.  Lighten up and keep on keeping on. 

PS. Please don't complain if I misspelled or used wrong grammar, "who cares"

PSS. Funniest Stooges line I remember, Moe says to Curly “Why don't you find a toupee that has some brains in it" 

RSS