Forums

Help › Forums

selling clubs

Sat, Sep 17 2011 1:11 PM (30 replies)
  • wack1off
    5 Posts
    Fri, Sep 9 2011 5:43 AM

i think its a bit unfair what they offer to buy your clubs back for as these are virtual clubs so you shouldnt be penalised as such

• renniw52
    5,385 Posts
    Fri, Sep 9 2011 11:26 AM

I agree, but if WGT made virtual profit we wouldn't have a virtual game to play. This is just my real life opinion, but may mean virtually nothing.

• borntobesting
    9,681 Posts
    Fri, Sep 9 2011 1:02 PM

wack1off:

i think its a bit unfair what they offer to buy your clubs back for as these are virtual clubs so you shouldnt be penalised as such

It is the same way in real life. Trade is a club at your local golf store and see how much they offer you for the trade in. When I traded in my Taylor Made R7 draw driver when I bought my Cobra LD M Speed they gave me 25% for the Taylor Made and it was less than 6 months old and like new. 

• anthonyvp1
    212 Posts
    Fri, Sep 9 2011 5:25 PM

You could have sold it to someone else for at least half what you originally paid. 

There should be a virtual used club store to buy clubs from other members and / or / also an auction house for higher end equipment to get more than the puny "trade in price" WGT could get a 10% of the sale.

• piztaker
    5,743 Posts
    Fri, Sep 9 2011 9:30 PM

WGT needs to cover it's outlay and make a profit. It would be a bit silly if it let players swap clubs around and end it's major cash input. These are the rules you have a choice.

• BustaSpliff
    417 Posts
    Sat, Sep 10 2011 8:42 AM

Sounds like a good idea having  a Auction too buy   clubs of other   people. be fun too.

• piztaker
    5,743 Posts
    Sat, Sep 10 2011 9:46 AM

anthonyvp1:

You could have sold it to someone else for at least half what you originally paid. 

There should be a virtual used club store to buy clubs from other members and / or / also an auction house for higher end equipment to get more than the puny "trade in price" WGT could get a 10% of the sale.

So let's say you sold a club for half it's original price, then WGT takes 10%, there would be very little difference between that price and what you get now.

• andyson
    6,415 Posts
    Sat, Sep 10 2011 12:17 PM

piztaker:
    So let's say you sold a club for half it's original price, then WGT takes 10%, there would be very little difference between that price and what you get now.

erm, no. You didn't do the math homework.

Say selling a G10 driver.  Now WGT gives you 200 cr.

If you sold for half original price, (980 /2) you get 490

WGT gets a 10% commission, (490 x 0 .1)            -49

You end up with......................................................441 cr

That's more than twice as much as now.

• anthonyvp1
    212 Posts
    Sat, Sep 10 2011 12:29 PM

wrong!  Next please !

RSS