Forums

Help › Forums

selling clubs

Sat, Sep 17 2011 1:11 PM (30 replies)
  • piztaker
    5,743 Posts
    Sat, Sep 10 2011 9:18 PM

anthonyvp1:

DIN DING DING, WE have a winner...EXACTLY!!

Now I understand. Your opinion is always right, and anyone else's is always wrong. Gotcha.

• anthonyvp1
    212 Posts
    Mon, Sep 12 2011 9:31 PM

Out of 2326 posts how many are actually constructive? Relatively few . Then again it is just my opinion. Why do I have to repost something already in the thread? Would you please answer my question?

• piztaker
    5,743 Posts
    Tue, Sep 13 2011 6:24 AM

Look, the way we have at present is the simplest. Do we really want page after page of small ads for clubs? Then trying to contact the seller to see whether the item is still for sale? Then how do you suggest payment is passed between the two players, you can't have free passage of credits as it would give free rein to multi-accounters and sandbaggers which would make the game a complete waste of time.

Now I assume you started this thread because you don't want to invest much money here, and that's fair enough, but why not use the surveys and offers to accumulate credits and buy new clubs the easy way?

• anthonyvp1
    212 Posts
    Thu, Sep 15 2011 4:23 PM

OMG.....THIS GAME is not simple AND I'm trying to voice a FAIR way to recoup our layout on good clubs we paid for and give WGT their piece of the action. WGT would have more people spending money on clubs ALREADY purchased.This way WGT will not have to lay out the "buyback" price. I can't see anyone selling their high end clubs to anyone anyway.

It's the balls that make the most money anyway.

"Then how do you suggest payment is passed between the two players, you can't have free passage of credits as it would give free rein to multi-accounters and sandbaggers which would make the game a complete waste of time."

You don't have to respond if you don't like the Idea or you could expand on the idea. 

We get that you don't like it. You don't have to look at the auction pages

I think it's not fair the way the "buy back" program is set up.

• andyson
    6,415 Posts
    Thu, Sep 15 2011 4:45 PM

piztaker:
    you can't have free passage of credits as it would give free rein to multi-accounters and sandbaggers

Not totally free passage as there's a club exchanged.  Simply limiting the # of transactions between 2 individuals to say one per month should do to impede multi-accounters. (multi accounts needs fixing anyway.)  I don't see how sandbaggers benefit.  You'd still need the proper level to buy the club.

• Ecka65
    245 Posts
    Thu, Sep 15 2011 6:21 PM

I've pondered this since the debate arose.

I'd be interested in the number of players that regularly upgrade clubs as opposed to the number that buy a set and stick to it for a long time.  I'd imagine the latter group would be huge and by far the majority.

If there was a way WGT could encourage more upgrading, I'd say ultimately they'd make more money regardless.  Because every set disposed of by a player has to be replaced by something better - otherwise why sell them?  New clubs require more practice to "dial them in" which uses more balls.

At the moment, if like me a player invests real money to buy their first set of decent clubs / driver / woods / wedges / putter, no matter what slightly better stuff is unlocked it just isn't worthwhile replacing the stuff you've got and paid for.  If I knew I could get a reasonable price for my 3ish week old gear I'd upgrade for a half dot here and a dot extra there.  No decent resale value means i stick with what I've got until something MUCH MUCH better becomes available.

Result = less sales = less money for WGT.

If a second hand market achieved more upgrading I only see that as a positive for WGT - both short and long term.

• Topcat488
    172 Posts
    Thu, Sep 15 2011 8:52 PM

LizzieRossetti:

Player one pays  980 credits for original club. Player two buys same club and Wgt get 49 credits instead of what they currently get - 980 for the sale of another new club to player two.  Player one then uses credits gained from sale of club to go towards new club, thus denying Wgt a further amount that player one would have to have otherwise spent to make up the amount needed for the new club.

It seems like Lizzie is the only one here, thats had some form of business marketing... Now i ask you all, what will player 3 pay for the clubs that player 2 wants to sell... Forget about the money thats made on balls, thats a different animal altogether.  I bought the lvl35 ghost a couple of weeks ago, now since reaching lvl66 I'll get a little better ghost putter :)  Thanks for the few credits for a trade in WGT... Better than nothing!

• anthonyvp1
    212 Posts
    Fri, Sep 16 2011 7:40 PM

Folks...You have to take this PAST the club sales figures..

...I've been in the sales game for over 35 years. the " add on" is the pure profit money maker. I have to say there has been more money spent on balls than anything else.

You are missing my point, it's a clearing house on clubs already purchased and this model gives the player a chance to get a better price than the monopoly of "take this amount or eat it" 

WGT will make more money in the long run with the upgrades needed to really compete on the higher levels.

Lizzie, If WGT wanted to make even more money there would be a lifespan on the clubs to force more club purchases. nope! it's the balls and add ons.

TOPCAT....." Thanks for the few credits for a trade in WGT... Better than nothing!" If you don't care to get a fair deal. that's great for you, not me. The Ball sales are NOT a different animal at all. It is all sales.

I'm trying to play with a working sales model with fellow member to give WGT something to think about.

I thank every one for their thoughts and constructive input.

• piztaker
    5,743 Posts
    Fri, Sep 16 2011 9:47 PM

My point was just that it is simpler as it is, your way would lead to more work and possibly more staff, the cost of which would have to be passed on to us. 

• flagrantidelecti
    76 Posts
    Fri, Sep 16 2011 10:01 PM

Is it fair that Rolex charges thousands for a simple timepiece?  Is it fair that plumbers charge $75 an hour?  Where does this "unfair attitude" come from?  WGT is providing an excellent product for almost nothing.  World of Warcraft charges a monthly fee just to play.  If you feel anything is unfairly priced, don't trade. (and if you wanna have online sex with an avatar, don't hit on golfers: download Second Life, it's free to unless, you want to spend their game money.)  hope I didn't venture too far afield..lol

RSS