Help › Forums

sloping lies

rated by 0 users
Mon, Sep 12 2011 12:36 PM (13 replies)
  • PAGES
  • tanktoperton
    3 Posts
    Sun, Sep 11 2011 6:55 AM

If you are on a sloping lie does this effect where you should aim or is WGT assuming flat lies on all shots?

• WGTicon
    12,511 Posts
    Sun, Sep 11 2011 7:08 PM

hi

it des affect your aim. it also affects the speed of the putt and break.

-wgticon

• birdwell
    561 Posts
    Sun, Sep 11 2011 7:21 PM

I think he's referring to fairway / rough  not while on the green.

Up/down and Sidehill lies do not effect ball flight in this game (at least not so far in this perpetual Beta cycle)

I do see some miss hit balls that seem to be effected by the slope of the lie at times, but this might just be because of the slant of my chair. :P

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Sun, Sep 11 2011 9:01 PM

tanktoperton:
    is WGT assuming flat lies on all shots?

Yes.

• WGTicon
    12,511 Posts
    Sun, Sep 11 2011 11:54 PM

birdwell:

I think he's referring to fairway / rough  not while on the green.

Up/down and Sidehill lies do not effect ball flight in this game (at least not so far in this perpetual Beta cycle)

I do see some miss hit balls that seem to be effected by the slope of the lie at times, but this might just be because of the slant of my chair. :P

yes, if it's anywhere but green, lies, right now, are assumed to be flat

-wgticon

• zagraniczniak
    1,984 Posts
    Mon, Sep 12 2011 12:37 AM

WGTicon:

Icon, I must respectfully disagree. There are some spots where the ball is lying on an uphill slope and the resulting shot is a pop-up. This happens for example if you land in steep rough around the bunkers at Oakmont.

• WGTicon
    12,511 Posts
    Mon, Sep 12 2011 1:56 AM

zagraniczniak:

WGTicon:

Icon, I must respectfully disagree. There are some spots where the ball is lying on an uphill slope and the resulting shot is a pop-up. This happens for example if you land in steep rough around the bunkers at Oakmont.

\

I know what you mean but I don't think it's that. The lie is assumed to be flat but there is a barrier (such as lip), so when you hit it out, the ball cannot clear it.

I think this can be proven... for example: hitting a flop from the spot instead of iron or wedge would allow flop to fly out while wedge or iron bounce randomly

I think what OP means is if you are on a slope, do you compensate for down/up slope when hitting out of it.

-wgticon

• robdelahunty
    670 Posts
    Mon, Sep 12 2011 3:08 AM

Is there any possibility that sloping lies and their implications,could ever be introduced within the game?

• WGTicon
    12,511 Posts
    Mon, Sep 12 2011 3:30 AM

robdelahunty:

Is there any possibility that sloping lies and their implications,could ever be introduced within the game?

I want to say yes but when I do not know.

-wgticon

• PAGES
RSS