Help › Forums

Pre-shot routine

rated by 0 users
Tue, Sep 13 2011 7:55 PM (11 replies)
  • PAGES
  • JPOLEARY
    36 Posts
    Tue, Sep 13 2011 7:24 AM

Would like to get a better idea of what people are doing Pre-shot?

I usually just line my shot and hit it the first swing I take. Started to line my shots up and then let the meter go 3 times letting my eye adjust to the meter. Sorda like standing in the on deck circle timing the pitcher.

I think i hit the line more and have less bad misses but always seem to find myself deviating from the plan and trying to ding the line first time after 4-5 holes and weird part is I do

Can post your routine? Mine is flawed and obviously not working LOL

• renniw52
    5,385 Posts
    Tue, Sep 13 2011 7:52 AM

I have had the same routine for 40 years. Take a big drag off the camel, chug a half a beer, loosen up the wedgie, yell oh Billy Billy and give it a whack. Ends up the same every time, some wheres on the golf course.  I'm not real good with changes I love the consistency. Too old to change now.

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Tue, Sep 13 2011 7:58 AM

JPOLEARY:
    I think i hit the line more and have less bad misses but always seem to find myself deviating from the plan and trying to ding the line first time after 4-5 holes and weird part is I do

This is called getting in the groove and the faster you accept it and go with it the faster your score will drop. This is what you want. Just like IRL, you start cocking around with your swing and the next thing you know you're in outer space. After a while it becomes second nature and you're playing by feel.  And the longer you look at a putt, the bigger the break gets, too.  LOL    ;-)

• zagraniczniak
    1,984 Posts
    Tue, Sep 13 2011 8:33 AM

You've got a few options:

First, there is the Waggle.

Punctuated by the Lunge.

Then there is the Groove.

Soon followed by the Rut.

Best of all - so I hear - is the Zone.

• SgtDoodles
    3,112 Posts
    Tue, Sep 13 2011 8:52 AM

My pre-shot routine is move the cursor over the swing bar, drag the cursor up to the required distance, let go, and click as close as possible to the ding.

• JPOLEARY
    36 Posts
    Tue, Sep 13 2011 12:53 PM

^ This what I usually do

Was just trying new things and seeing if people did thing differently 

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Tue, Sep 13 2011 1:34 PM

It gets deeper if you're so inclined. This is about what your eyes do.  ;-)

http://wgt.com/forums/p/11333/73818.aspx#73818

• JPOLEARY
    36 Posts
    Tue, Sep 13 2011 3:18 PM

Thanks

• floppy131
    87 Posts
    Tue, Sep 13 2011 3:18 PM

Lets see I take a swig of my budweiser, Light my Marlboro, make sure I am in my chonies and make sure I sit indian style.

Then I swing away, hoping not to fart when I am doing it.

• GIMMMEEE
    224 Posts
    Tue, Sep 13 2011 4:09 PM

.. If your driving, get an idea how far the ball flies n pitches,,, mine around 265 avg...   then with the reverse fairway camera shot  place the marker on that distance pending wind conditions n maybe foresee a 10-15 yards run,,,,,,,,   sorta works for me, but make sure you practice it cos you wanna be quick to save your partners waiting too long......  

• PAGES
RSS