Forums

Help › Forums

Hi folks,

rated by 0 users
Fri, Sep 23 2011 1:54 AM (2 replies)
  • WINDY4422
    2 Posts
    Thu, Sep 22 2011 6:05 PM

I’m new here my handle is WINDY4422. I have to say I like this game very much and have asked a few of my clan mates to join me here for some fun. My friends and I are gaming fanatics playing mostly first person shooter games, (ie. Battlefield) and we are wondering why there is no driving range and practice greens. We are having a hard time getting into this game because in order to practice we have to spend game time figuring out the winds, hit power, putting, chipping and.. etc. etc... We are getting very frustrated and I don’t think this game is going stay in our favourites for long if we can’t have a place to practice without bouncing threw the weeds for an hour and then shaking our heads going what the heck was that..lol…I’ve seen in the forums that it might be in development but we would like a release time if possible and also we’ve discussed spending money here, but I’m not going to do it if I can’t try out clubs and balls first. Lastly the putting is ridiculous I get on the green in two shots and then my game is over because I can’t figure the uphill, downhill, side hills from just two camera angles. I’ve seen the tutorials and they haven’t help at all. This game could be so much more but right now it’s just too frustrating

• Daxam
    4 Posts
    Thu, Sep 22 2011 9:50 PM

Hi

dont worry you will learn every thing in no time, try the objectives and also watch the videos,

the guys here will help you when you play with them ask them anything :)

good luck

• Joeyola
    1,210 Posts
    Fri, Sep 23 2011 1:54 AM

EDIT:

Not sure if you play golf but this game is a lot like the real thing.  It takes time and practice to learn how to get around this place.  I've been here for 2 1/2 years and learn something new almost very time I log on. 

Two things that can help beginners is to become familiar with the FAQ Home over there-----> and make sure your computer system is operating properly.  There is info in the System Requirements section that can help with that.

There has been talk about a practice facility for years.  For now, you can play practice games where you set up the course any way you like.  There is a 10 or 11 stroke maximum on each hole so just hit away, hit back into trouble and even hit the ball out of bounds...that will give you another shot from the exact same spot like a driving range.  You can also practice putting by hitting to a target, on the green, instead of aiming at the hole.  This gives you 7 to 9 putts per hole like a practice green.  Another practice option is to rent clubs you want to try...do that in the Pro Shop.  Also, learn how to take practice swings, that do not count as a stroke, but can help you gauge meter speed.   

Drop me a line on my wall if you have more questions...just as long as you don't want to know how to go really low (smile).  Good luck, but be careful as this place can be habit forming.

Joey

RSS