Sat, Oct 1 2011 1:15 AM (20 replies)
  • andyson
    6,415 Posts
    Tue, Sep 27 2011 6:06 AM

• 3puttsSuk
    361 Posts
    Tue, Sep 27 2011 6:34 AM

3puttsSuk:

Maybe Andyson can come up with a cool pic ?!?

Ok I cheated and edited my post after I saw the "cool pic"

Thanks Andyson always there in times of need!!!

• andyson
    6,415 Posts
    Tue, Sep 27 2011 6:40 AM

3puttsSuk:
    Three Card Monte anyone?

I should have given you credit 3putts.  Your line above gave me the idea for the pic.

• 3puttsSuk
    361 Posts
    Wed, Sep 28 2011 4:45 PM

Cheers!

I always enjoy your posts.

• stewartking
    13 Posts
    Wed, Sep 28 2011 10:44 PM

In RL, I'm one of those guys who is always hitting balls OOB, into the lake, etc. And I always go after them. I have no objection to coming off the course dripping wet, covered with mud, whatever.

I find it hard not to suspect that WGT sees this as a money-making opportunity. Personally, I would not declare balls lost under any circumstances. You paid for a certain number of hits, you should get them.

As it is, I almost never play closest-to-the-hole challenges because they all contain nasty shots over water and I'm opposed to giving my money away.

• TotteSwede
    512 Posts
    Thu, Sep 29 2011 1:51 AM

WGTicon:

Hi

that's the risk of going there. The OOB line is marked by the map. As soon as it's left of it, it is OOB.

-wgticon

This is definately not the case on Oakmont #4. The right hand fairway is OOB if you land on the right half of it, even though it is inside the minimap. I can't imagine why anyone would make part of a fairway OOB, besides the obvious miscoding of course ;)
    This fairway really needs to be changed, it's dangerous as it is trying to go there, not having to get the OOB message even if you hit it dead on.

• oilyrag
    875 Posts
    Thu, Sep 29 2011 8:12 AM

stewartking:

As it is, I almost never play closest-to-the-hole challenges because they all contain nasty shots over water and I'm opposed to giving my money away.

use the unlimited balls, why miss out on all the sweepstake tournaments

• stewartking
    13 Posts
    Fri, Sep 30 2011 11:44 PM

oilyrag:

stewartking:

use the unlimited balls, why miss out on all the sweepstake tournaments

Mostly because I find it very hard to get my ball to stay on the green with the unlimited balls. WGT is in the business of selling equipment - no problem with that, they have to make money to keep the site running - but one thing they have done is make the standard unlimited balls very had to play well with. And since at my level I am competing against players with very expensive balls, I have to have my mediocre ones to even have a chance.

• MBaggese
    15,367 Posts
    Sat, Oct 1 2011 12:27 AM

stewartking:
    n RL, I'm one of those guys who is always hitting balls OOB, into the lake, etc. And I always go after them. I have no objection to coming off the course dripping wet, covered with mud, whatever.

you

\Ya know, been playing a long time, never seen some one like you.

• MBaggese
    15,367 Posts
    Sat, Oct 1 2011 12:30 AM

stewartking:
    And since at my level I am competing against players with very expensive balls

BS...if you only knew.

RSS