Forums

Help › Forums

New Awards

Sat, Nov 21 2009 10:31 AM (11 replies)
  • PAGES
  • lkennedy
    194 Posts
    Fri, Nov 20 2009 8:46 AM
    Just started working on some of the new stuff. Was curious about scrambles anyway, but just found out that I have 2,886, while Mr. Tibbs has 2894. Wondering what some of your numbers are, as I miss the fairway more than most people. Also, it seems that we get rewarded for some of the not so good stuff, like hitting the rough/sand/water, but not for chipping one in from 27 yards out. Any thoughts on that? I don't have time for this. Gotta go see how many sand saves I've got....
  • marioh
    1,055 Posts
    Fri, Nov 20 2009 8:55 AM

I'm guessing I need to play a round first prior to that award showing the number (since mine currently says 0).

I'm going to assume that I'm up there in that number, but I won't find out until I get a round under my belt after all the changes from last night.

• nivlac
    2,188 Posts
    Fri, Nov 20 2009 9:45 AM

The In The Drink diamond award (make par after hitting water), requires you to dunk it 10,000 times in the water.

That's a little overkill I think.  At 47 cents per 3 pack of lime GI-D's, it'll cost me approximately $1,560 to attain that award...

lolwut?

At least Sandman and Ham & Eggs don't require me to lose money, so I guess I'm cool with 10,000 for those award, but you gotta drop the In the Drink to a 1,000 or something.

Also, on the subject of overkill.  This isn't new, but 100 double eagles for diamond award?  How about 10 for diamond?  Aren't there 2 double eagles total for the entire site in the span of a year?

I'd like to see a Barkie award.  Par after hitting a tree.  Call it the "One with Nature" award.

On a positive note I do like the extra awards.  The course, match-play and new master your game awards give the game a deeper sense of progression and something to work towards.  More of that couldn't hurt.

*edit*  One more question.  For the Day at the Beach 18 award, it says you must be in the sand 25 times and still shoot a 75 or better.  Does that mean I need to be in the sand 25 times in a single round or will it be cumulative over all rounds?

• lkennedy
    194 Posts
    Fri, Nov 20 2009 10:05 AM
    Wow! 649 on the sand saves. Anyone else have the Platinum? Nice job to SweetiePie for 100 aces in CTH. And nivlac, always constructive and well worded (IMO).
  • WGTalex
    2,087 Posts
    Fri, Nov 20 2009 11:51 AM

Nivlac--in the sand 25 times and still shoot 75 or better in one round.

• SweetiePie
    4,925 Posts
    Fri, Nov 20 2009 12:29 PM

It was ironic. I had some bacon and eggs ready to cook this morning and was playing a quick game that required a chip at Kiawah #4 that resulted in a par and then the trumpets sounded and I was notified of the "ham and egg " award. My number is 2,197. On sandys it is 437. Ham&eggs..LOL ..got to love it! Thank you Mr. Kennedy for your kind comment.

• SweetiePie
    4,925 Posts
    Fri, Nov 20 2009 2:53 PM

I hope someone can straighten me out. Mr. Nivlac pointed out some things about the "in the drink" award that caused me to think about it. If there is any water to go into at Beth, I have never seen it or found it. At Kiawah, the only water I can think of is to the right of #12 (never been there), the right of #13 (been there way back when) and of course #17(go there weekly, twice today). For anyone to gain awards in this catagory, the first two are very possible but #17 would require, what I would call, a bitter sweet third shot. 

• nivlac
    2,188 Posts
    Fri, Nov 20 2009 3:59 PM

SweetiePie:
    If there is any water to go into at Beth, I have never seen it or found it.

#8 on Bethpage has a small pond fronting it, but as you mentioned with KI #17, good luck making par from the tee box.

There's a small pond to the right of the bunker on Kiawah #1, but I imagine anything hit into the marshlands on #2 and #4 would qualify as in the drink.

• AlaCowboy
    1,321 Posts
    Fri, Nov 20 2009 5:46 PM

SweetiePie:

It was ironic. I had some bacon and eggs ready to cook this morning and was playing a quick game that required a chip at Kiawah #4 that resulted in a par and then the trumpets sounded and I was notified of the "ham and egg " award. My number is 2,197. On sandys it is 437. Ham&eggs..LOL ..got to love it! Thank you Mr. Kennedy for your kind comment.

I aced #17 at Kiawah once. I replayed it 25 or 20 times to savor it. Wish I'd been smart enough to figure out what that "save" button was for. At least I have my eagle on #7 for posterity.

• kevinmosley
    76 Posts
    Fri, Nov 20 2009 8:32 PM

how about giving us some money back when a player obtains an award..wgtalex look into that.

• PAGES
RSS