Forums

Help › Forums

Calling all Legends

Sat, Oct 8 2011 1:03 PM (39 replies)
  • mantis0014
    8,946 Posts
    Thu, Oct 6 2011 5:04 AM

I got promoted at the start of the year, it was a nitemare at the beginning...lol,  It took me awhile to get the hang of the longer irons onto the green, but now I'm really enjoying it... 

So I would say Go For It.

Good Luck

Roger

• hpurey
    11,505 Posts
    Thu, Oct 6 2011 5:06 AM

Thanks all, 

Currently I am level 91, I have all the gear needed to play from the back tees, so that isn't any concern.   I have played here since Dec 2009, and have played all courses enough to be comfortable with any of them, (except for Cabo) but that's different.  

Only reason I say that I am camping out at St A's is because I know I can usually push out a -4 or better with minimal effort and just want to make Legend sooner than later.

I don't play many RG's or challenge matches for credits so I am not worried about that aspect of the game.  

l enjoy multi-player rounds more than anything and generally enjoy all rounds regardless of score. (generally meaning, as long as everyone is chatting and having fun, score doesn't matter)

again, thanks for the input.  And I hope to see you all out on the course, but want to be at the back tees with yas

Hp

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Thu, Oct 6 2011 5:48 AM

hpurey:

I really want to make Legend.  Any time that I announce that while playing any multiplayer rounds with a legend present a lot of them will respond with "don't do it" or,  "you won't like it" or something along the lines of that.......

Anywho,  what's your thought on being Legend?

Nike has a good answer for you-Just Do It.

It doesn't take long to adapt, especially if you're playing with Legends in AS games now. As it is, you get the feel for some of the shots when you have to hit your Legend partner's 2nd shot. IMO, the game is much more realistic from the back tees because you're not driving/wedging every hole and have to play smarter.

• frappefort
    3,994 Posts
    Thu, Oct 6 2011 6:27 AM

i joined to become a Legend no matter what....i will get there soon ....then like everytime i mouve up a tier,i have ajustement period ...i am TM ...soon to be called a Legend wow thats the goal i have to reach........i may not be a v good legend but being called a Legend with respect by other players is the ultumite price (award)              for me ...so go for it become a L....    and play all the courses i do,and i am ready :)

• eurantia
    318 Posts
    Thu, Oct 6 2011 6:57 AM

hpurey:
    ill respond with "don't do it" or,  "you won't like it" or something along the lines of that.......
     Granted the legend teebox makes the game more challenging,but itsn't that the goal ,of any competition to challenge ones self??The people telling you not to go for it are people that for lack of a better word..cowards.Sure the legend tier is more difficult,but shouldn't it be the goal of anyone with ambition to do the best thatcan?Even under more difficult conditions ,I dont regret attaining the legend tier,though i do get frustrated to the nth degree sometimes...I wouldn't have it any other way

• hpurey
    11,505 Posts
    Thu, Oct 6 2011 7:10 AM

eurantia:

hpurey:
    Will respond with "don't do it" or,  "you won't like it" or something along the lines of that.......
     Granted the legend teebox makes the game more challenging,but itsn't that the goal ,of any competition to challenge ones self??

Exactly what is driving me to want to make legend.

• x1524807
    776 Posts
    Thu, Oct 6 2011 7:33 AM

frappefort:
    i am TM ...soon to be called a Legend wow thats the goal i have to reach........i may not be a v good legend but

some of us aspire for a higher level,, but only the true legends are legends. For one to buy the title of legend, makes the word meaningless, don't you think, just saying

I am sure the  "true" legends of the world, who maybe worked for 30 years to earn the title, would laugh at your remark, but keep up the good work

• eurantia
    318 Posts
    Thu, Oct 6 2011 8:40 AM

Granted by the true definition you are correct,however achieving a legend tier isnt suppose to be translated into a legendary status !Don't you think you are knit picking just a bit.??We're talking about self-improvement and goal setting not Ben Hogan legendary!!!You're mixing apples and oranges my friend......you certainly like to shake the bush don't ya??speaking of apple n' oranges...on a fruit theme....your post might be interpreted as sour grapes.

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Thu, Oct 6 2011 8:42 AM

eurantia:
    You're mixing apples and oranges my friend......you certainly like to shake the bush don't ya?

LOL. You just now figuring that out? 

eurantia:
    We're talking about self-improvement and goal setting

Well said.  ;-)

• hpurey
    11,505 Posts
    Thu, Oct 6 2011 10:21 AM

MBaggese:

In fact, you carry "Tour Pro" as your title

Funny I didn't even bother to check.   Thanks to all the Legends and TM/Master's for their valid input on the subject.

RSS