Forums

Help › Forums

Calling all Legends

Sat, Oct 8 2011 1:03 PM (39 replies)
  • JaLaBar
    1,254 Posts
    Thu, Oct 6 2011 11:03 AM

frappefort:
    thats the secound time you mention (buy the title of Legend)

The person you are referring to is profoundly inept, as near as I can tell, and not the sharpest knife in the drawer, thusly belittles everyone who accomplishes something that they are incapable of as a way to make themselves feel better.  The fact is, truly, that much like EVERYTHING in life, to get good at something takes sacrifice, whether time, effort, or financial.  Truly, this person buying better clubs would be like a fish buying a bicycle.

To the person referred to:  When I see a PGA Pro win a tournament with a set of clubs they bought at a yard sale, I'll credit your blatherings as something more than inane word drool from the profoundly ignorant.

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Thu, Oct 6 2011 11:40 AM

Yes, Francois, listen to JLB. You get it and revel in your achievement. Bravo! Don't let anyone bring that down.  ;-)

• TarheelsRule
    5,551 Posts
    Thu, Oct 6 2011 1:43 PM

It is good for everyone to aspire to make the highest level of the game.  That being said each person can and will pick their own path to it.  You can make Legend quicker by playing the 2 easiest courses on WGT, Kiawah and St Andrews to get you average down to the point of getting to the Legend tier.  Once you do that then things change, St Andrews and Kiawah are no longer the whipping boys of WGT, in fact they are 2 of the longer tracts.  I would suggest that making Legend by playing equally on all the available courses will make you a much better player, you deal with the elevation changes at BPB, the difficult greens at Oakmont, the rough at Congressional, the bounces at St Andrews and RSG and the green issues at Kiawah.

Those who take the easy route become the Legends you want to play against in match play or alternate shot, we have all played people with average several strokes below us and beat them soundly while hearing the constant I'm off my game today comments.  I just smile and know that this will be an easy match.  

• TarheelsRule
    5,551 Posts
    Thu, Oct 6 2011 1:54 PM

Do we get to play from the up tees on slow greens? 

The bet is pointless when everyone knows you can not survive on 7600 yards virtual courses without clubs that can reach the green in 2.

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Thu, Oct 6 2011 2:03 PM

Even distorting the name won't draw me in to your silly game, Mr/Mrs/Ms X. You know better than that. 

• gobbog
    150 Posts
    Thu, Oct 6 2011 2:17 PM

She/he makes the same old argument over and over and over and.... pretty boring at this point. 

We know... we know... all PGA pros should be using K-Mart junior clubs like you do, so we can watch them shoot 75 every round like you do.

Come on splurge for those new clubs, have some fun.

But then again, I have a feeling fun is not in your vocabulary.

• DAZZA501
    5,972 Posts
    Thu, Oct 6 2011 3:46 PM

• gobbog
    150 Posts
    Thu, Oct 6 2011 4:00 PM

We've been through this over and over.

X had challenged any to break par using starter and about 5 players did without a problem.. Thought that might have been the end of that, guess not.

http://www.wgt.com/forums/p/49499/286985.aspx#286985

• hpurey
    11,505 Posts
    Thu, Oct 6 2011 4:07 PM

Well, shti, this topic has gone terribly terribly of the path I had in mind when I started it.  

All started when a tour pro butted in to a topic titled calling all Legends lol

Oh well

Might as well lock it WGTicon......no more use at this point

Thanks again all who contributed in a positive sense.

HP

• Ecka65
    245 Posts
    Thu, Oct 6 2011 5:38 PM

There WAS a very interesting and informative discussion going on in this thread.  Then someone "turning the other cheek" totally derailed it.

Please, and I mean this in the nicest way possible, by all means post your feelings, opinions and rants if necessary - BUT NOT IN INFORMATIVE DISCUSSION THREADS.

RSS