Forums

Help › Forums

All this talk

rated by 0 users
Sun, Oct 9 2011 8:32 AM (4 replies)
  • Woodoworkery
    3,498 Posts
    Sun, Oct 9 2011 5:40 AM

All this talk about Avatar movements, scales, overlays.......... bull they get you close but I believe it's all about the way the program is running at that time of the day.

They say math doesn't lie, so if you figure out the the yardage for each movement for that club, the ball should come close to that figure.( + - 2-3 feet )

Some days your right on, same day same course way the heck off go figure. Didn't change the way I play the hole, formula didn't change, clubs didn't change, so what had to change the way the program was reading the shots. IMO

• b0geybuster
    2,574 Posts
    Sun, Oct 9 2011 6:14 AM

Woodoworkery:

All this talk about Avatar movements, scales, overlays.......... bull they get you close but I believe it's all about the way the program is running at that time of the day.

They say math doesn't lie, so if you figure out the the yardage for each movement for that club, the ball should come close to that figure.( + - 2-3 feet )

Some days your right on, same day same course way the heck off go figure. Didn't change the way I play the hole, formula didn't change, clubs didn't change, so what had to change the way the program was reading the shots. IMO

You are on the right track, but you forget to take into account the precision of a club is not 100%.   Think of the precision rating of a club as a circle for a target.  The higher the precision of club the smaller the circle.   You aim, you ding, the ball will land somewhere in that circle.  Some days you will be dead on, the ball essentially hitting in the exact center of the circle, other days your ball will be on the outer edges of the circles, giving you a lot of what the heck moments.   

Food for thought,

b0gey

• Woodoworkery
    3,498 Posts
    Sun, Oct 9 2011 7:21 AM

That's where the 2-3 foot tolerance comes into play not 3- 5 yards

• SGTBilko
    1,686 Posts
    Sun, Oct 9 2011 7:59 AM

Woodoworkery:

Yes and no, If you are only taking into consideration the precision factor of the target circle. But when you also add in the forgiveness factor then you can enter the 3-5 yard zone. Remember precision is the size of the your target circle and the forgiveness is the short/long of the shot. This is my understanding of the differences. I have no idea how to factor in VEM and I am not even sure it is on all the time.

• b0geybuster
    2,574 Posts
    Sun, Oct 9 2011 8:32 AM

Woodoworkery:

At times it is at least 3-5 yds.  You also have to take into account other factors like how much back spin is applied,  and more importantly if you ding the shot.   A miss ding on a full back spin shot, can result in a 20yd gap even with the slightest miss.  

Cheers,

b0gey 

RSS