Help › Forums

Re: Which clubs to get ?

rated by 0 users
Wed, Oct 12 2011 9:53 AM (4 replies)
  • Bridge08
    384 Posts
    Sun, Oct 9 2011 4:28 PM

Hi,

Have been using the starter clubs and looking to upgrade.

Finally got bored with chasing XP (lv81), looking to improve my average and attempt to tier up from master.

What are the best options, a club set or put together my own bag (budget of 3,000 credits)?

Thanks,

Bridge08

• wldthng016400
    250 Posts
    Sun, Oct 9 2011 7:08 PM

Bridge08:

Hi,

Finally got bored with chasing XP (lv81), looking to improve my average and attempt to tier up from master.

What are the best options, a club set or put together my own bag (budget of 3,000 credits)?

Thanks,

Bridge08

I have looked at your profile and noted that you have been a member since Feb. 2009 That is a long time to be playing with the same equipment and meter speed.   First, you must realize that any clubs that you purchase in order to advance higher than the master tier will have a faster meter speed which you will have to get used to and the best will have a meter speed that  will require most players to purchase virtual golf balls to slow it down.

1. If you do not want to get used to a faster meter speed than the best clubs are the rapture 2010 set level 48, 3295 credits but they can only improve your game at the master level due to the longer driver and the slightly more accurate irons( note they do not come with wedges) in my opinion you will not seek the advantage you are looking for.

2.  You mentioned budget. If purchasing virtual golf balls in order to slow down the meter speed on a regular basis is out of the question your next option would be In my opinion to rent the cheapest driver with a fast meter speed (not fastest)  example: WGT tour pro 250 credits to purchase 38 credits to rent for a day and see if you think you can get comfortable with the meter speed. THIS STEP SHOULD BE FIRST AND NOT AN OPTION

3. GET BACK TO THIS FORUM AND WE"LL GO FROM THERE

wldthng

• broahes
    191 Posts
    Mon, Oct 10 2011 12:40 AM

Bridge08:

Hi,

Thanks,

Bridge08

Hi,

I wouldn't normally suggest buying a set, but given you are on a 3k credit budget, it's simply the best option, given you need to update just about everything.

I suggest this set

With it, you are going to get a driver that you could use to get up to Legend with (I'm not sure about once you get there still using it, but I am positive with patience, it will last you through Master and Tour Master).  You could also get enough of the cheap distance balls with free video credits to last a week and keep yourself with a little more distance too, though I don't think that is a must, but could help some.

Your irons could easily be played with even as a legend.  This is my opinion of course, but these irons have good distance with a high trajectory and good accuracy that will allow you to get up on the pin and stay there.

I don't carry a hybrid, but I know there are plenty that do, and the distance on this one isn't bad.  The 3wood is my favorite club once I learned how to use it properly.

The plus with this set, and why I recommend it since you need a complete package.. it comes with two wedges as well.  While I prefer the Satin Wedges, these wedges will do a good job for you compared to the starters.

I don't recommend buying a putter, but you have been here long enough, I would recommend at least trying to go back to the beginner putter that us older members have the luxury of still having.  It's specs are ugly looking, but I find that I do just as well if not better with it than any of the putters that I have tried due to the slow and controllable meter speed.  I have used every putter up to my level and have finally found that the Rossa may be an option for me in the near future, but all in all.. a putter can be learned to use with mastery.  There are no greens on here that distance will be a factor, so I just suggest mastering what you already have, at least for now.

The meter speed will throw you off to begin with, but keep at it and you will get it down in no time.  You've played for 2 years with starters, and I admire that you have stuck with it and made it this far with them.. that is something to have pride about, because you took the hard road and dedicated yourself to being successful with them, and I believe that you have been.

Best of luck and happy hitting.

• SHRUDE
    5,835 Posts
    Wed, Oct 12 2011 7:02 AM

I guess the decision has been made and the results ARE SHOWING!!!

October 10, 2011
    • Bridge08 set a long drive personal best of 342.62 yards.
    • Bridge08 made an eagle on hole #11 on KIAWAH ISLAND: THE OCEAN COURSE.
    • Bridge08 purchased the World Golf Tour GI2-S Balls (White) in the Pro Shop.
    • Bridge08 purchased the TaylorMade Tour Preferred Full Set (L64+) in the Pro Shop.

Well done Bridge!

Although I'd be getting the GI3 - S balls for your next purchase.. will tame the swing meter more for you :)

• Bridge08
    384 Posts
    Wed, Oct 12 2011 9:53 AM

Thank's Shrude,

So far so good and really enjoying the site again, although looks like I've got the club bug and will be looking for a 3rd Wedge and checking different balls out.

Not sure about throwing the putter away, still like the old stick.

Bridge08

RSS