Why can't I sell my wedges?

rated by 0 users
Tue, Oct 11 2011 4:54 PM (10 replies)
  • PAGES
  • TopFlite7
    340 Posts
    Mon, Oct 10 2011 1:39 PM

Hi

I bought Satan wedges and I'm not happy with them. When I go to sell them back I'm told I can't.

Any help with this one?

Thanks.

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Mon, Oct 10 2011 1:48 PM

You can't have them equipped when you try to sell them. Unequip them first.

As an aside, why don't you like them?

• renniw52
    5,385 Posts
    Mon, Oct 10 2011 2:18 PM

I wouldn't be happy with Satan wedges either, I'm sure every shot just goes to hell. The devilations of the game have to be unbearable. All jokes aside, I have used mine for months and months, when you get used to them they are great. I have the Clevelands also, but I seem to do better with my Satins.

• TopFlite7
    340 Posts
    Mon, Oct 10 2011 2:57 PM

Just can't get the feel for them. I do a lot better with the starter wedges. Try to hit a short shot AND it's to short. Try to hit a long shot AND it's  to long.

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Mon, Oct 10 2011 4:54 PM

TopFlite7:

Just can't get the feel for them. I do a lot better with the starter wedges. Try to hit a short shot AND it's to short. Try to hit a long shot AND it's  to long.

I thought you might have an answer like that. I can see why you're a little disillusioned. Just choking them to get the right yards is not really the best way to use them. Those are great clubs if you learn the other 4 shots besides full with them. It isn't hard and you will find yourself improving your scrambling % while your putting gets easier because you're getting closer.

If you haven't given up on them yet, go to BPB #10 and 11. Set up a practice round with low wind, get into the fairway close to the tee and try the different shots up and down the fairway. You get 9 of them before you get moved on and #11 is the same way. This way you're not under the gun to make a shot and you can see how accurate they really are compared to the starters. 16-18 shots later restart and get another 16-18. What I like to do is take 2-3 shots the same up the fairway and then 2-3 coming back, looking for the dings. Note the variance between the dings and missed dings-it's pretty consistent. Take your starter wedges with you and compare how they work this way.

15 minutes doing this and you might see the light. GL  ;-)

• TopFlite7
    340 Posts
    Tue, Oct 11 2011 2:21 AM

YankeeJim,

I haven't sold the clubs yet. I went to the Bethpage course but when I to set up for practice it say 3 random holes. How do you set up for just  #10&11?

Thanks, Top

• TopFlite7
    340 Posts
    Tue, Oct 11 2011 2:27 AM

esssy,

I was thinking of using a better ball. I'm  leaning towards the Callaway's with spin.

Thanks, Top

• piztaker
    5,743 Posts
    Tue, Oct 11 2011 4:43 AM

TopFlite7:
     when I to set up for practice it say 3 random holes. How do you set up for just  #10&11?

Thanks, Top

You can't. 3, 9 or 18 holes only

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Tue, Oct 11 2011 4:49 AM

TopFlite7:
    I went to the Bethpage course but when I to set up for practice it say 3 random holes. How do you set up for just  #10&11?

I should have been a little clearer on this for you , T. Set up a 9 hole practice round on the back 9 (scroll through the choices) and then just play 10 and 11. Restart after 11.  I like those 2 fairways for practice because they are long and straight and being the first 2 holes on the back, you can get to them quickly so you don't have to fool around looking for a place to practice.

• PAGES
RSS