Forums

Help › Forums

i need a Pause

Thu, Oct 13 2011 12:21 PM (12 replies)
  • PAGES
  • frappefort
    3,994 Posts
    Wed, Oct 12 2011 11:48 AM

i never thought that i would say this . i feel like since monday, the Gods of golf got together,and decided    ( Frenchie    this week is going to be  the worst ever)...i must of played 20 to 30 rounds since,i have not played PAR yet....this morning i played 40 on a easy par  9           .....then, got my behind kiked by a pro ,....ok i am venting a litle ,and for some its just a( Game man   )   it still hard not to get frustrated,i like this game, perfect for a man my age. just writting this post got me to relax some . a Pause is in order for me .for me to be turned up side dawn like this ,i again must say, this is the best golf game ever made :) i will be back          

• hpurey
    11,505 Posts
    Wed, Oct 12 2011 11:55 AM

Yep, sometimes a break is needed.   I went out of town last weekend and when I came back the game seemed much more relaxed.

Maybe it's because I am so wrapped up on making legend that I have been rushing my shots just to get through the round. (putts mainly)...

Take a breather Frappe,  hit me up for a round when you're back.

Hp

• renniw52
    5,385 Posts
    Wed, Oct 12 2011 12:58 PM

Wasn't going to post, but I have to after seeing yours. I'm about there with ya buddy. It seems the ability to shoot the decent rounds have deserted all but a select few. When you read hundreds of posts from players who are having recent problems, it makes you wonder, what has happened and why. The comments that come back are usually from the same people who have no issues with the game, their computers, and constantly shoot the low, low scores. I fully realize you can have good days and bad days. That goes for work, personal or golf. When you have played as much as we have on here, and all of a sudden, certain shots don't make any sense, it does make you stop and think. My last game, I decided to play a full 18. I had 6 birdies on the first nine, missed an eagle due to a 3 ft putt stopping .02 short. The back nine, almost all bogeys and a lost ball. This was on a back nine that I have not shot over par in a long time. Sorry, I apologize to the stock holders and nay sayers, but this is not fun.  One of my friends,  who is a legend and one of the most fun players on here, gave it up awhile back, for these same reasons. I miss him dearly and hope to see him again. He just so happens to be a very intelligent individual and prior to leaving, said he knew too much and until it is fixed, will no longer be a part of it. For the select players who are sick of my posts, no need to come back with another yadda yadda. I will do my best to stay off the forums. When a player like Frappe gets upset, I had to come to his aid. Frappe, you can look me up anytime my friend and not get whooped by a sandbagging, duel account Pro. Wish you the best sir.

• duffer66
    700 Posts
    Wed, Oct 12 2011 2:45 PM

I might as well climb aboard the wagon too. Been unable to shoot under par the past several games, last 4 were 9 holers and all were a 37. Not much on here making sense anymore. lol

• TWOMINUSONE
    2,580 Posts
    Wed, Oct 12 2011 3:01 PM

It seems to be an epidemic at the moment folks. I used to skin the game when playing as TM, then for a while as legend also. Just cant seem to get it right lately, with shots having different outcomes all the time. There is no consistency to it anymore. Just seems like a lottery now if you get a good round or not.

• renniw52
    5,385 Posts
    Wed, Oct 12 2011 4:08 PM

I post all the ones I play. I don't stop mid round and start over, terrible waste of ball duration. My last one was a 38 on SA. Look at my score history. A bunch of should have beens on there. I am not complaining, just saying. Several of those games were going very well, UNTIL. Like I've said before, I just suck at this game. Still a good way to pass the time.

• PeterHopper
    1,315 Posts
    Wed, Oct 12 2011 4:41 PM

I'm on my Mio strike. Haven't played since Saturday. TBF the break is doing me some good. I have been enjoying a book rather than trying to set up a late night Alt game or Blitz.

I have 550 credits in the bank, enough balls to last a long while, and I am not sponsoring anymore CC tournos. I popped out and got a couple of nice summer shirts for my closet - about 30 dollars that I had spare following my refusal to buy any credits for a month. Next month I'll use that WGT credit allocation to take the wife out for a nice meal.

Has Hazen said. A break from WGT can be refreshing and relaxing. 

I'll see you guys on the first tea on Sunday.

• MBaggese
    15,367 Posts
    Wed, Oct 12 2011 5:02 PM

Sorry Peter, I couldn't do it...got itchy on Sunday, then with the Games on this week...man I am addicted;)

• frappefort
    3,994 Posts
    Thu, Oct 13 2011 8:26 AM

i would like to take the time ,to thank all of you ,for posting your comments.i took a pause yesterday,it did a world of good .i was not going to play today ,but,the game kept on calling me .i played two 18 holes with verry good result min4  min5 ....and a hole in one.....all this to say your comments picked me up Merci Beaucoup .................. Francois

• renniw52
    5,385 Posts
    Thu, Oct 13 2011 8:45 AM

De rien! Francois.

• PAGES
RSS