Forums

Help › Forums

wedges

Fri, Oct 14 2011 2:09 PM (6 replies)
  • russellie
    668 Posts
    Fri, Oct 14 2011 8:01 AM

Just moved to tour pro and was wondering what Wedges would be best, at present I have Ping W 52  W60 & W64. should I drop one of these for a different one

Russ

• zagraniczniak
    1,984 Posts
    Fri, Oct 14 2011 8:36 AM

Looks like a good set-up you have now for your level, until you qualify for the higher-level Clevelands, which are a game-changer, by which time you will probably be at Master or maybe higher.

P.S. But you will also get some differing opinions. 

• russellie
    668 Posts
    Fri, Oct 14 2011 8:51 AM

Many thank's

Regards

Russ

• JaLaBar
    1,254 Posts
    Fri, Oct 14 2011 1:05 PM

russellie:
    Just moved to tour pro and was wondering what Wedges would be best, at present I have Ping W 52  W60 & W64. should I drop one of these for a different one

Matter of preference... I prefer the TM Satins or the lower Clevelands over the Pings, but if it works for you, use it.  As soon as you can, switch to the higher Clevelands.

• broahes
    191 Posts
    Fri, Oct 14 2011 1:26 PM

JaLaBar:

Matter of preference... I prefer the TM Satins or the lower Clevelands over the Pings, but if it works for you, use it.  As soon as you can, switch to the higher Clevelands.

My response ^ without actually having to type it.  I just went back to the Cleveland 52 and Cleveland 60 to replace two Satins due to longer PW but I'm not satisfied, at least with the 60 and will probably be re-bagging my other two Satins to go along with my Satin 64.. which is probably my favorite club.

• borntobesting
    9,683 Posts
    Fri, Oct 14 2011 1:50 PM

broahes:

JaLaBar:

My response ^ without actually having to type it.  I just went back to the Cleveland 52 and Cleveland 60 to replace two Satins due to longer PW but I'm not satisfied, at least with the 60 and will probably be re-bagging my other two Satins to go along with my Satin 64.. which is probably my favorite club.

Keep at it. Once you learn to control the spin better with the Cleveland wedges there is no comparison between them and any of the other wedges in the game. The added precision and forgiveness make them unbeatable but it is not an instant thing. You must work on it. Use much less to no extra bs with them and occasionally add a little top spin and you will find them very very good.

• JaLaBar
    1,254 Posts
    Fri, Oct 14 2011 2:09 PM

borntobesting:

broahes:

JaLaBar:

Keep at it. Once you learn to control the spin better with the Cleveland wedges there is no comparison between them and any of the other wedges in the game. The added precision and forgiveness make them unbeatable but it is not an instant thing. You must work on it. Use much less to no extra bs with them and occasionally add a little top spin and you will find them very very good.

I was going to say the same, BTBS.  The Satin 64 degree was my favorite club, and I was hesitant to change to the Cleveland, but once I got used to it... I play the top Cleveland 56, 60 and 64 and I feel I can hit any of them anywhere I want from pretty much any lie in pretty much any wind up to 100 yards.  I did make quite a few from off the green with the Satin.  Now, I make even more and stop even closer.

RSS