Forums

Help › Forums

Identical shots...different results

rated by 0 users
Sun, Oct 16 2011 10:39 AM (3 replies)
  • BigDan1973
    8 Posts
    Sun, Oct 16 2011 9:06 AM

Why is there so many difference between two identical shots ? Sand traps and rough are a joke. At first I thought it was my equipement, so I spent about 6000 credits on upgrades...same results. In the rough, 15 yards from the pin, 30-40% lie, you never know where it's gonna go...sometimes 2 yards, sometimes 2 inch from the flag, sometimes 20 yards further...all that with the same elevation and same shot. I've played most golf game online or on PS3, this is the worst...Am I the only one noticing ??? I know I can improve myself a lot, I'm only at level 31 but this is getting frustrating. 

• WGTicon
    12,511 Posts
    Sun, Oct 16 2011 9:49 AM

hi

sand shots are generally hard to predict. but my rule always was this:

allow for the ball to run 5-8 yards (depending on slope, wind, etc). keep in mind where the ball will land, if it's down slope, it will run alot more. while sand shots are hardest to be consistent with, with practice, one should be able to get closer most of the time.

-wgticon

• SGTBilko
    1,686 Posts
    Sun, Oct 16 2011 10:39 AM

BigDan1973:

Why is there so many difference between two identical shots ? Sand traps and rough are a joke. At first I thought it was my equipement, so I spent about 6000 credits on upgrades...same results. In the rough, 15 yards from the pin, 30-40% lie, you never know where it's gonna go...sometimes 2 yards, sometimes 2 inch from the flag, sometimes 20 yards further...all that with the same elevation and same shot. I've played most golf game online or on PS3, this is the worst...Am I the only one noticing ??? I know I can improve myself a lot, I'm only at level 31 but this is getting frustrating. 

It is not about the same shot. Achieving the exact same shot in real life is just as difficult as here. Unlike those OTHER games there are dynamics at play here that affect each and every shot. What exactly you ask are they? Some of these I a quite sure you are aware of but the others, hmmmm...

1. Precision rating: Each clubs rating is similar to a target around the location you are shooting at. The better the precision the tighter the circle is and the ball will land within that target area. 

2. Forgiveness rating: The forgiveness rating is the difference between the front and back of your target area is. Hit a bit to long and the target area moves away from your intended target and vice versa if you hit is short.

3 Wind: A given that affects everything to include your putt and the wedge shots if the wind is strong enough.

4. The lay of the green and where you hit you land the ball.

5. Spin

6. And last for least the VEM AKA "The Beast" in which WGT has a patent on. While many argue whether it is on all the time, VEM is designed to work against you as you get better.

GL and hope that helps out some.

• Mesmorizer
    614 Posts
    Sun, Oct 16 2011 10:39 AM

Well 1st off, Welcome to WGT according to your profile you have been playing just shy of a week. Looking at your history you have just purchased a bunch of gear get use to the new gear, play lots and you will get the hang of the equipments and yards needed. Its a addicting game but just like the real game keep relaxed and make the best of your shots, Alot of people on here keep notes on course etc to give them self a edge, I have not done that yet but some do. You doing real well look up in the forums the sticked guides on the various shots, the ones you are talking about can be found here >>> http://www.wgt.com/forums/t/7840.aspx?PageIndex=1 That guide has helped a ton with my chipping, flop etc game and when is  good time to use the shots. GL & HF.

Mes.

RSS