Forums

Help › Forums

Hello WGT world!

rated by 0 users
Sun, Feb 5 2012 8:04 PM (6 replies)
  • phiber
    2,795 Posts
    Mon, Oct 17 2011 10:24 PM

Newby here, 24 days and finding out there is a lot more to this than playing a game.  It is almost addictive.  24 days playing and I am about ready to invest in some decent clubs and try to get serious with this and have a lot more fun.

The greens are tricky and it helps to know them if you play a course, but the putter and the swing meter are both giving me trouble.  I am looking forward to learning more and geting to the point that I can shoot a consistent score on this fun site.

I did manage an ace today, a first for me.  Never had one playing real golf but found a double eagle twice.  I would love to know how to post a copy of the replay, and I will try with posting a link, hope this works.

Also, any good advice on getting rid of the skipping movements of the swing meter...that's a killer..  I loaded and use the game booster but it doesn't seem to help.  I think it could be McAfee because I get messages on about every other hole that McAffee thinks the site could be harmful...course, my wife thinks it is too.

Link to ace on close-to-the-hole....I call it beginners luck

http://www.wgt.com/replay.aspx?ID=0bfdd5bb-ad30-4b24-8524-9f8000535b44

• WGTicon
    12,511 Posts
    Mon, Oct 17 2011 11:03 PM
    hi very nice shot! -wgticon
  • Cleworthy
    3,468 Posts
    Tue, Oct 18 2011 8:32 AM

Hi

In addition to the free Game Booster program, it is generally felt that the game works best on the Google Chrome browser.  Also, clear your browser history each time before you play.  Lastly, in my case I use the free Microsoft Security Essentials for virus protection and never have a conflict issue.

Good luck,

C

• hpurey
    11,505 Posts
    Tue, Oct 18 2011 9:37 AM

phiber:
    It is almost addictive

there that's better.  ;-)

phiber:
    24 days playing and I am about ready to invest in some decent clubs and try to get serious with this and have a lot more fun.

Oh yea,   he's hooked.

Welcome to the twilight zone.

Hp

• SgtDoodles
    3,112 Posts
    Tue, Oct 18 2011 9:42 AM

I predict he makes Legend in 7-8 months.

P.S. Welcome to WGT ;)

• phiber
    2,795 Posts
    Tue, Oct 18 2011 12:53 PM

Thanks guys...this is fun almost as good as a 24" brownie on a dry fly!!! :)

is there a WGT anonymous support group??? :)

• phiber
    2,795 Posts
    Sun, Feb 5 2012 8:04 PM

4 1/2 months later, still addicted to this crazy game and despite warnings from friends I went for it...Became a legend today and I am proud of the accomplishment but I fully understand the need to build experience and to have a solid Iron game before making that plunge.

I will always play this game, I am sure, I do wish some things could change.  It is what it is and I will just play on through

It's a fun game and just glad I don't play for money (my state doesn't allow it)

so much to learn still and I am finding the forum to be an endless source of both information and amusement. 

RSS