Forums

Help › Forums

the importance of good balls

Sat, Oct 29 2011 8:26 AM (17 replies)
  • PAGES
  • frappefort
    3,994 Posts
    Tue, Oct 18 2011 8:27 AM
    this morning ,out of curiosity ,and plaisure i played Royal St Georges,with WGT free balls .........on moderate wind and v fast green on my CC tourny..........wow i played 18 holes Par..70 .i left maybee 6 or 7 shots near the holes for par LOL...i been playing for months with Callw balls...and yes they may be expensive but they work so good,...all this to say;  buying good balls is the way to go for posting great scores.  tomorrow i will be playing same course same conditions with my Callw balls ....i will had to this post my score tomorrow..........  today 70 with WGT balls .     tomorrow Callw 
  • frappefort
    3,994 Posts
    Tue, Oct 18 2011 8:31 AM

oups i dont know what happened ,to have them small letters up there ,i must have 5 thumb....LOL sorry i cant fix that...hope you all have glasses LOL

• frappefort
    3,994 Posts
    Tue, Oct 18 2011 9:35 AM

i could no wait ...had to try one houre after... .i used my Call ....wind was much stronger for a reason ;;;;   i played 67 ..left 4 out there ....so balls are verry, verry important .

• phiber
    2,795 Posts
    Tue, Oct 18 2011 12:56 PM

lol wanted me to put on the thick glasses, eh?

Think you are right, the Callies backspin a lot  better, good for a few more yards distance too.  Lots of fun either way though I think.

• Kindle2010
    602 Posts
    Tue, Oct 18 2011 1:25 PM

Can i ask, which factor of the Callie balls is the most important? ie Distance, spin or feel, or a combination of all three. For me its more the feel factor, ie the slower meter that's of most important, so I will often use WGT G13 - D balls, 3 for a buck, as has same feel as callies. 

Yep give up some yards, but the less spin aspect comes into play with the cleaveland wedges, don't have to worry bout spinning the ball 40 yrds.

Kindle

• DAZZA501
    5,972 Posts
    Tue, Oct 18 2011 2:32 PM

Kindle2010:

Can i ask, which factor of the Callie balls is the most important? ie Distance, spin or feel, or a combination of all three. For me its more the feel factor, ie the slower meter that's of most important, so I will often use WGT G13 - D balls, 3 for a buck, as has same feel as callies. 

Yep give up some yards, but the less spin aspect comes into play with the cleaveland wedges, don't have to worry bout spinning the ball 40 yrds.

Kindle

For me Kindle it's the spin. It's true what you say about the clevelands spinning any ball but from the back tee's it's not often you get to hit wedge for your approach shot. So the extra spin the callaway gives is just enough to help you stop the 3,4 & 5 irons a bit quicker, helping you set up birdie chances

Dazza

• renniw52
    5,385 Posts
    Tue, Oct 18 2011 5:04 PM

frappe, it's not the importance of the balls. It's the impotence of the balls. Some of them just can't go the distance, can't hang if you will.

• frappefort
    3,994 Posts
    Tue, Oct 18 2011 6:35 PM

renniw52:

frappe, it's not the importance of the balls. It's the impotence of the balls. Some of them just can't go the distance, can't hang if you will.

ilmao   good one renniw52   

• mantis0014
    8,946 Posts
    Wed, Oct 19 2011 12:16 AM

frappefort:

this morning ,out of curiosity ,and plaisure i played Royal St Georges,with WGT free balls .........on moderate wind and v fast green on my CC tourny..........wow i played 18 holes Par..70 .i left maybee 6 or 7 shots near the holes for par LOL...i been playing for months with Callw balls...and yes they may be expensive but they work so good,...all this to say;  buying good balls is the way to go for posting great scores.  tomorrow i will be playing same course same conditions with my Callw balls ....i will had to this post my score tomorrow..........  today 70 with WGT balls .     tomorrow Callw 

I had to use my magnify glass for this one...lol.  The game balls, are not that bad, if you know how to play golf with them.  3 things you lose with the Game Balls Vs Callaways eg;

1- Distance, lose a bit of distance using Game Balls

2- The Game Balls have a faster meter...  I have trouble with the fast meter now with the Calls...lol

3- Spin... Game balls don't have much spin.

If you like a fast meter... then the game balls might be good for you

Cheers

Roger

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Wed, Oct 19 2011 6:06 AM

I tried a little experimenting to determine how much the Callaways contributed to deviation. I went back to the Tour-SDs for a couple of rounds  and after I got the meter speed under control it seemed to me that aside from the obvious spin and distance differences, the Callaways are a bit fussy on mishits-they hurt the results more, especially when spinning them. Be careful with that spin. 

• PAGES
RSS