open question to all

rated by 0 users
Wed, Oct 19 2011 4:53 PM (8 replies)
  • crgade
    490 Posts
    Wed, Oct 19 2011 11:26 AM

am a decent player

completely lost the ability to hit the ding

so whats the best way to deal with the lovely meter skips?

legends must have some secret besides patience lol  game settings? sever fire fox chrome etc?

anything else?

please help

about to throw myself on my clubs and ending it all .....................lol

• Cleworthy
    3,468 Posts
    Wed, Oct 19 2011 11:47 AM

Basic things - Use Chrome browser, clear browser cache each time before you play, use free Game Booster program.  Other things - change up your window position on the screen, take a break from the game.   I have started taking my eyes off the meter for a half second on the downswing.  Somehow it makes me refocus on the ding better.  Once I was so frustrated I went back to my G10 driver (using R9 normally).  Found that it was easier to keep in the fairway.  Voodoo dolls, potions, incantations, alcohol, etc, etc are a matter of personal taste and may or may not have the desired effect.  Good luck on excising your demons.  C

• Pryke
    295 Posts
    Wed, Oct 19 2011 1:52 PM

Cleworthy:

I have started taking my eyes off the meter for a half second on the downswing.  Somehow it makes me refocus on the ding better.  

I find that not looking directly at the marker helps to to hit it for a 'ding'.

Might mean I need my eyes tested lol.

• TWOMINUSONE
    2,580 Posts
    Wed, Oct 19 2011 1:57 PM

Sometimes using the Larger window helps with the meter here. On the game screen, look for the 4 arrows on the bottom right. 

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Wed, Oct 19 2011 2:27 PM

crgade:
    so whats the best way to deal with the lovely meter skips?

Try something that definitely works for me. Dedicate one browser to the game and when you play have that the only browser open. I use Comodo Dragon and used to use Chrome before it became a bit obnoxious with the Flash updating bit.

I DL'd the browser, set the home page to the game client and nothing else.Put a quick launch icon in the toolbar that when clicked takes you directly to the game start page. Don't go surfing with it, don't go to the WGT main page, don't do anything with it except play the game. If you're on the main site and get an invite, open the CD browser and accept it there. Close the main page before you start. 

I started doing this with the Iron browser last year and moved to Comodo Dragon out of curiosity. I firmly believe it makes a difference because I haven't seen a legitimate skip in a very long time. 

• DAZZA501
    5,972 Posts
    Wed, Oct 19 2011 2:29 PM

Play a practice round with the free balls. Quickens up your reflexes and when you go back to your prefered ball the meter seems a lot slower and the ding easier to hit

• paulshack
    281 Posts
    Wed, Oct 19 2011 3:49 PM

dont directly stare at the meter trying to click it..

PERIPHERALS

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Wed, Oct 19 2011 4:41 PM

paulshack:
    dont directly stare at the meter trying to click it..

Good discussion about that here.

• palladio
    31 Posts
    Wed, Oct 19 2011 4:53 PM

I think it's about rhythm and tempo, as in real golf.

I hit g10s. I have found that a count of 3 is going to get me a ding. I can do this whether looking at the meter or not. It works.

Most of the time....

RSS