Forums

Help › Forums

Putting reverse view problem

rated by 0 users
Fri, Oct 21 2011 4:40 PM (6 replies)
  • ayeball
    11 Posts
    Fri, Oct 21 2011 10:18 AM

Has anyone else experienced a slow load of the putting reverse view in the last month or so? 

I'm running the latest browser, newest Flash etc..., but for some reason in the last few weeks the reverse view has been slow to load - sometimes as little as 4-5 seconds, but sometimes as much as 35-40.

Clearly the latter is far from ideal, and playing in my country club's AS tournament last week, both myself and my partner suffered from this fault, and lost the game (on a 30s timer, thanks to our opponents) at least partially as a result of not being able to bring up reverse views in time.

Has something changed recently, and what can we do about this problem?

• phiber
    2,795 Posts
    Fri, Oct 21 2011 10:37 AM

I am having the same problem and also a stuttering of the swing meter that has really screwed up my improvements to my game.  I have tried everything imaginable.  Clearing the cache, dumping cookies prior to playing, Game Booster III, every tip I read I tried, but after 2 or 3 holes it starts all over.

I have a friend that does computer work and I talked to him about it and he said it was probably my system, but when I told him I had 3.2 Gigs of RAM, 2.8 GHrz and all the stuff I was doing, he told me it had to be either my server or the game source.  I am on the highest level of DSL my provider has, but it is getting me very frustrated with trying to play the game as I do enjoy it so much.

It didn't do that last week, then I changed levels of play, went from Pro to Tour Pro and that is when the defecation hit the rotary Oscillator.

• piztaker
    5,743 Posts
    Fri, Oct 21 2011 10:52 AM

It has got slower, but no more than 5 or 6 seconds for me.

• WGTicon
    12,511 Posts
    Fri, Oct 21 2011 12:40 PM

hi

it shouldn't much slower. if it is it's likely some issue between game and the computer. i am not sure what it can be though.

-wgticon

• ayeball
    11 Posts
    Fri, Oct 21 2011 3:58 PM

Aha....

I moved from Master to Tour Master around about the time this started happening. 

Thanks for the info phiber - I wonder if the Tier move is the issue.

It only seems to apply to putting green reverse - movement between fairway views is as swift as ever, making me think it's not a processor/speed/flash/cookies etc... issue.

• Yoda79
    697 Posts
    Fri, Oct 21 2011 4:13 PM

No problems here. I'm a Tour Master and use the reverse view on 98% of my putts. No problems with meter or slow loading the view. 

• TheAceFactor
    2,147 Posts
    Fri, Oct 21 2011 4:40 PM

Yoda79:
    use the reverse view on 98% of my putts.
    Yoda79:
    No problems here

Same here...no problems , BUT , I cleared Flash and browser cache after the Maintenance last Sun. Night / Mon. morning.

Ace

RSS