Forums

Help › Forums

Anti American sentiment from UK players

Fri, Nov 11 2011 6:03 PM (164 replies)
  • Firefox41
    3 Posts
    Sat, Oct 29 2011 7:48 PM

IvaThongon:

.... closed minds rarely come with closed mouths. ...

Love it. I'm stealing it. 

• mantis0014
    8,946 Posts
    Sat, Oct 29 2011 11:56 PM

SgtDoodles:

lennon1888:

ok guys back to what this thread is about

I disagree. 

Australia will not get the Ashes back MWAHAHAHAHAHAHA and that's final.

I had to get involved with this.....

For the OP... I havn't come across any bad eggs.. yet.. everybody I've played the game with has been fantastic... but I do agree with some of the others... there is always 1 bad egg in the basket.

It pains me to say this..hmmm... We were once the greatest cricket nation in the world.. I was over in England back in '89 and we lost every lead-up game to the Ashes and the English press was giving us a hammering...lol... since then and say early 2000's was fantastic watching the guys slautering everybody...lol.

Bring it on (The Ashes)...we are back...lol

Sorry OP.

Cheers

Roger

• Yappy22
    733 Posts
    Sun, Oct 30 2011 6:55 AM

Rzbk:

gotstewart:

golfentwilly:

Rzbk:

gotstewart:

zagraniczniak:

Boomer may correct me if I'm wrong, but you could say that the rest of the world thinks as highly of America as America thinks of Texas.

I think that the rest of America is just jealous of Texas....Just my opinion as a Texan of course. :)

Please pardon me but hahahahahahahahahahahahahehehehehehehehehehehehehehe....being from texas you may not understand what I'm doing so I'll explain it...

ILMFAO

must be from NY

Umm probably not...I was based in Groton, CT ... not too far from NY.  IMO new yorkers are too busy with their noses in the air worried about their own sense of superiority to even know how to laugh. He might be from Cali and just took a good hit of reefer and thinking everything is funny. :)

Well, not from any of the guesses above but will say that Texas "gotstewart" but we "gotmartin".

I grew up in NY and as soon as I found out about TEXAS I got here as fast as I could. Come on now Zag you know y'all really and truly wants to be a TEXIAN.  LOL

• thebigeasy707
    5,885 Posts
    Sun, Oct 30 2011 6:55 AM

mantis0014:

We were once the greatest cricket nation in the world.

lol cricket.

i'd rather stick knitting needles in my 'nads than suffer a slow death watching the most boring sport of all time since tiddlywinks without the winks.

TBE

• Boomerboy44
    1,514 Posts
    Sun, Oct 30 2011 1:48 PM

zagraniczniak:

Boomer may correct me if I'm wrong, but you could say that the rest of the world thinks as highly of America as America thinks of Texas.

I hope you are trying a bit of not very good sarcasm Zag, because if not do you really give a rats ass what the rest of the world thinks of this GREAT COUNTRY. I'm proud to be a Texan and even prouder to be a citizen of THE UNITED STATES OF AMERICA.

What about you Zag..???

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Sun, Oct 30 2011 2:14 PM

Whoa boy (isn't that what cowboys say?)  LOL   I think Zag was referring to the perception Americans have that Texans think they are the biggest and best. It's fodder for jokes, it's so obvious. This is not to slam Texans but they do think big.

This brings to mind the Texan and NYer that were drinking at the bar. The Nyer boasts about the height of the Empire State Building. The Texan comments  "We have outhouses that big where I'm from."

The NYer says "Yeah, you need them."  ;-)

• Boomerboy44
    1,514 Posts
    Sun, Oct 30 2011 3:23 PM

Whoa up there cowboy...............would be a little better.  Very funny Jim but let me ask you the same question, do you give a rats behind what the rest of the world thinks about our GREAT COUNTRY.????  Oh and by the way us Texan's poke fun at each other all the time about our state. That's because we have the BEST AND BIGGEST sense of humor...LOL

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Sun, Oct 30 2011 4:27 PM

Boomerboy44:
    do you give a rats behind what the rest of the world thinks about our GREAT COUNTRY.????

No, can't say as I do. I also think JR got what was coming to him. And somebody in that state should tell Perry to shut up-he's making Texas look silly. LOL  ;-)

• boozybob1
    89 Posts
    Sun, Oct 30 2011 5:21 PM

I need help being taken off your friends list if I'm on it.  Right now I have 3100 friends and I need help getting that number down to a hand full, thank you

• Boomerboy44
    1,514 Posts
    Sun, Oct 30 2011 5:26 PM

NO no Jim we what him and his wife to keep talking and expose themselves for what they really are.........crackpots ....Yankees and Rangers play for the American League Championship next year ...Go Rangers..... 

RSS