Anti American sentiment from UK players

Fri, Nov 11 2011 6:03 PM (164 replies)
  • golfentwilly
    158 Posts
    Mon, Oct 24 2011 3:05 PM

Rzbk:

gotstewart:

zagraniczniak:

Boomer may correct me if I'm wrong, but you could say that the rest of the world thinks as highly of America as America thinks of Texas.

I think that the rest of America is just jealous of Texas....Just my opinion as a Texan of course. :)

Please pardon me but hahahahahahahahahahahahahehehehehehehehehehehehehehe....being from texas you may not understand what I'm doing so I'll explain it...

ILMFAO

must be from NY

• SkeeterZ71
    171 Posts
    Mon, Oct 24 2011 4:05 PM

Been that way since the reveloution. Get use to it.

• gotstewart
    201 Posts
    Mon, Oct 24 2011 4:11 PM

golfentwilly:

Rzbk:

gotstewart:

zagraniczniak:

Boomer may correct me if I'm wrong, but you could say that the rest of the world thinks as highly of America as America thinks of Texas.

I think that the rest of America is just jealous of Texas....Just my opinion as a Texan of course. :)

Please pardon me but hahahahahahahahahahahahahehehehehehehehehehehehehehe....being from texas you may not understand what I'm doing so I'll explain it...

ILMFAO

must be from NY

Umm probably not...I was based in Groton, CT ... not too far from NY.  IMO new yorkers are too busy with their noses in the air worried about their own sense of superiority to even know how to laugh. He might be from Cali and just took a good hit of reefer and thinking everything is funny. :)

• TarheelsRule
    5,551 Posts
    Mon, Oct 24 2011 4:23 PM

It is somewhat amusing when you talk to players from the rest of the world.  If you are from the US they assume you are from New York City, Texas or California.  The other part of the US is about as different from those three areas as England is from Italy.

I can honestly say that most of the WGT players that I play with are nice and fun people to play with.  The rest of them, probably 20% are obnoxious types and it has nothing to do with their country of origin or current location.  I have friends from Europe, Australia, South America, etc. as well as many Americans and I have determined that pretty much being a jerk can be universal and I don't see anyone who tends to talk down to Americans any more than any other place.

• asugunnu
    48 Posts
    Tue, Oct 25 2011 1:11 AM

MBaggese:

Mechbook7:
    Why is there a lot of anti-American sentiment from UK players toward Americans.

Because we got all the Dove balls.

Damn  yanks ; they're over paid, over sexed ,over..there haha

• akkid
    61 Posts
    Sat, Oct 29 2011 9:56 AM

Texas can be stupid...but when people ask you if you go to work on a horse...that's just stupid lol.

No need to be jealous though, we're just 50 pieces of the best nation in the world (in my opinion)

• Rzbk
    376 Posts
    Sat, Oct 29 2011 11:27 AM

gotstewart:

golfentwilly:

Rzbk:

gotstewart:

zagraniczniak:

ILMFAO

must be from NY

Umm probably not...I was based in Groton, CT ... not too far from NY.  IMO new yorkers are too busy with their noses in the air worried about their own sense of superiority to even know how to laugh. He might be from Cali and just took a good hit of reefer and thinking everything is funny. :)

Well, not from any of the guesses above but will say that Texas "gotstewart" but we "gotmartin".

• IvaThongon
    933 Posts
    Sat, Oct 29 2011 11:33 AM

I have played many games and have maybe had a handful of donkeys start talking out of their butt. They have been from varying countries. Just close the chat window. There are three universal truths in play here. One, silence drives donkeys crazy. Two, ignorance, sadly, is not confined by geography. Three. closed minds rarely come with closed mouths.

After all, this is just a game. Actually, it is a pretend game of simulated golf. Just don't let a dummy sitting in a dark basement get to you. If a pretend computer game gets you going, what happens to you when real life things come up?

So, to summarize, close the chat window and ignore it. If it is threatenig, racial, bigoted...just take a screen shot and report it. Wasting more than a moment of your life on a donkey is pointless.

• wyeiman
    2 Posts
    Sat, Oct 29 2011 12:36 PM

not anymore you dont !!!!!!!!!!!!!!! lol

RSS