Forums

Help › Forums

Stay away

rated by 0 users
Sat, Oct 22 2011 1:55 PM (20 replies)
  • pb1711
    1,183 Posts
    Sat, Oct 22 2011 4:53 AM

Just played a MPC against a player which was absolutely disgusting, he was down from the beginning and every time I wanted to played a shot he would try to send me drop match request, obviously hoping that it would be on my swing, besides for that he kept typing crap in the chat box on my turns also hoping that I will be distracted. WGT needs to get rid of players like these!! There was a laugh on the last though, he missed his birdie putt and when I had a 19 ft 2 putt for the win he wrote "do you want to wait 5 mins" (referring to him obviously quitting before I hole the second shot) So I just holed the first putt...lol

Jokes aside though, unsportsmanlike conduct like this should not tolerated.

JEBENICA <<--- Stay away from this 1, and before people say that we are not allowed to name people, I am naming to save other decent players from having to go through this.

• broahes
    191 Posts
    Sat, Oct 22 2011 4:59 AM

You may want to edit his/her name out of your post, as it is against the forum rules.. not that I mind you calling him out.. I don't like the rule anyway :)  Just trying to help you out.

• pb1711
    1,183 Posts
    Sat, Oct 22 2011 5:11 AM

I do understand, thanks, It's more a case of helping others not having to go through the same irritation than actually "naming and shaming."

If WGT does nothing about it, then so be it, why should other players who participate in a respectable manner have to endure this rubbish. 

• dandaley
    83 Posts
    Sat, Oct 22 2011 5:12 AM

Surprise a hack with a 33 on their very 1st recorded game back in August this year. Just pure raw talent I say. 

• andyson
    6,415 Posts
    Sat, Oct 22 2011 5:21 AM

broahes:
    You may want to edit his/her name out of your post, as it is against the forum rules..

I've found NOTHING written in the Community Guidelines or in the Terms and Conditions about naming, calling out, players in the forums.  Strange that it is one of the most enforced "rules" around here and its not in the books.

• broahes
    191 Posts
    Sat, Oct 22 2011 6:10 AM

andyson:

I've found NOTHING written in the Community Guidelines or in the Terms and Conditions about naming, calling out, players in the forums.  Strange that it is one of the most enforced "rules" around here and its not in the books.

I as well have seen NOTHING in the CG or T&C, yet I have seen several threads where ICON has said it is.  I was only pointing that out to someone.  Don't shoot the messenger.. Perhaps one day staff will address this, as I've seen it as an issue more than once.

I believe what they use when telling us not to call others out are the following two lines:

-Defame, abuse, harass, stalk, threaten, or otherwise violate the legal rights (such as rights of privacy and publicity) of others.

-Post any player's real name, location, or any other personally identifiable information.

--

Now, do I agree that this should be as interpreted as a breech of the T&C? No.. but, again.. I was only pointing that out to someone that may not have known that it was an enforced rule around here.

• chrisironsbones
    3,524 Posts
    Sat, Oct 22 2011 6:27 AM

I've played this certain "sore looser" and in game i mentioned 2nd account due to the first round ever being under par, he was sarcastic back, and got annoyed when i was winning.

• andyson
    6,415 Posts
    Sat, Oct 22 2011 6:59 AM

broahes:

I as well have seen NOTHING in the CG or T&C, yet I have seen several threads where ICON has said it is.  I was only pointing that out to someone.  Don't shoot the messenger.. Perhaps one day staff will address this, as I've seen it as an issue more than once.

I believe what they use when telling us not to call others out are the following two lines:

-Defame, abuse, harass, stalk, threaten, or otherwise violate the legal rights (such as rights of privacy and publicity) of others.

No offense or shooting intended bro!  Its just that I feel strongly that correctly calling out someone who violates the T&C should be allowed. (like multi-accounters) It is not defamation or abuse if it is true.   Instead, one is punished, even banned, for violating an unwritten rule.

Members are expected to read the T&C, but not expected to read all of the prior 4 years of posts to find out the unwritten rules.

• SmokeZilla14
    55 Posts
    Sat, Oct 22 2011 7:06 AM

i dont know if this i along the same lines or not but could anyone answer this ? how is someone in ama tier shooting a 62 or lower avg...and at a level 61 or higher...i am so confused as to how this happens...just asking anyone with an answer...i would sure like to hear it.....thank you

• LizzieRossetti
    1,545 Posts
    Sat, Oct 22 2011 7:22 AM

Hear hear again. But again nobody is listening up there in spaced out wgt hq.

If Agatha Christie ran a Golf site...

Lizzie xx

RSS