Forums

Help › Forums

The practice of begging at wgt.

Sun, Oct 23 2011 4:29 PM (14 replies)
  • PAGES
  • G0LD
    358 Posts
    Sat, Oct 22 2011 5:00 AM

It seems as tho there is a trend among lower tier players of sweet talking legends into giving them all manner of upgrades. Actually, friendship requests often end up being nothing more than a staged opportunity for begging, and while I love helping others, I somewhat resent the sort of mentality that goes with this practice.

• Glas67
    117 Posts
    Sat, Oct 22 2011 11:55 AM

Check out the wall posts of some of the top players.  Some of the begging requests are actually embarassing, people should be warned for doing it, and banned if they persist.

• G0LD
    358 Posts
    Sat, Oct 22 2011 3:34 PM

Everything is in the way the requests are made. The flattering rigmarole and other ingratiating, cunning methods are what truly put me off. Incidentally, I once, out of kindness, upgraded the entire equipment of a player at level 90 who was still playing with starter clubs. I didn't even get a "thank you" for my gift, until I inquired to see if he at least appreciated the full upgrade. Only then did I get a short, perfunctory token of gratitude. As tho it was expected.

Where's the dignity; where's the civility?

• Glas67
    117 Posts
    Sat, Oct 22 2011 4:35 PM

A couple of examples from ONE player's wall....

"Hi pal , your a amazing player !!!

how did you become so good at the game ? 

i am really short on credits and i was wondering if you could donate a set of burner 2.0 level 15 irons.

i would EXTREMELY appreciate it. thank you"

"I see u have a lot of credits and perfect clubs, so i was wondering if you could possibly donate a redwood l44 putter? i have a grand sad total of 5 credits and a starter putter...."

"Hey Sam.......short on credits!!!!!can you spare some? just thought Id get in line hehe  Need to get back in the groove. Got some time for me?"

This is pretty disgusting to be frank.

• Premeirgolfer1
    5 Posts
    Sat, Oct 22 2011 5:04 PM

Wow I`m  shocked that people would beg even in this game. I just paid for credits and bought my clubs ya know like an adult would.

• G0LD
    358 Posts
    Sat, Oct 22 2011 6:20 PM

I could not agree more, Gass67!

• mikeym6163
    51 Posts
    Sat, Oct 22 2011 7:49 PM

Well I for one am new to this game and if I ever beg for credits someone please shoot me. But how do I get credits without pulling out my credit card . I would appreciate any info. Thanks in advance

• ljbast
    943 Posts
    Sat, Oct 22 2011 8:53 PM

Hi Mikey, at the top of this page, click on Get credits. There is videos you can watch for credits, surveys to do (if you get into them), or some offers. 

Other than that, you can enter weekly and monthly tournament that can win you a little bit.

Good luck.

• RUNWME
    1,011 Posts
    Sat, Oct 22 2011 9:37 PM

mikeym6163:

Well I for one am new to this game and if I ever beg for credits someone please shoot me. But how do I get credits without pulling out my credit card . I would appreciate any info. Thanks in advance

Follow his  advice about watching videos , and offers. Not much, but you can get a free wedge here to help you get started on building your bag.

http://wgt.com/forums/t/67630.aspx

• PAGES
RSS