Forums

Help › Forums

Replacing a Ball Mid Round

rated by 0 users
Thu, Dec 10 2009 8:59 PM (7 replies)
  • Showtime29
    70 Posts
    Sat, Dec 5 2009 12:38 PM

Forgive me if this has been addressed already, I did a search and couldnt find anything.

If I lose or run out of durability on my '3rd' ball, I am automatically given a reguar WGT ball, despite the fact that I have other balls available.  I am unable to change my equipment mid round so there is no way of changing the ball.

I think there should be an order of preferene on all balls available so that if you run out or lose your 3rd ball you are able to continue with a relatively similar swing meter in terms of speed and spin/distance.

• claremoreblue
    2,322 Posts
    Sat, Dec 5 2009 12:42 PM
    Amen to that. What he said ^
  • nivlac
    2,188 Posts
    Sat, Dec 5 2009 12:56 PM

Showtime29:
    I think there should be an order of preferene on all balls available

Sounds good to me.

For the record I still think that color shouldn't matter at all.  Any color of the same type should be available.  That would be permissible under the "one-ball rule", if that's the rule we're playing under.

If that's not the rule we're playing under then we should be prompted to select new balls from our inventory (aka golf bag) if we run out mid-round.

• WGTalex
    2,087 Posts
    Sun, Dec 6 2009 8:21 PM

Thanks for the suggestion. We will add this to our list.

1,644 Posts
    Mon, Dec 7 2009 6:08 AM

Oh and btw, you guys are still replacing worn out balls when we are not on either the putting surface or between holes!  Big NO NO!  ;^)

• salamii
    1,058 Posts
    Mon, Dec 7 2009 6:47 AM

She's  making a list, she's checking it twice, she's gonna find out if were naughty or nice. Let's hope Alex is coming to town.

• andyson
    6,415 Posts
    Mon, Dec 7 2009 11:32 AM

If in the middle of a round you think you might run out of your preferred ball you can open the WGT Pro Shop in a separate browser window and buy more. I know it allowed me to buy balls mid round.  I don't know for sure if the virtual caddy will find them in your bag.  Maybe the Pro shop delivers to you on the course?

• CalebWoods
    10 Posts
    Thu, Dec 10 2009 8:59 PM

If we want to be technical, the PGA Tour has a rule that says you have to play the same brand and model ball the entire round. Thus, starting off with a spin ball and switching to a distance ball is illegal and would be a penalty. WGT just gives you the regular ball when you run out because people would really be pissed if you had to forfeit for being out of balls and the game would no longer be "free" if you had to buy balls to play. I like the game the way it is. You start with one brand, you finish with the same.

RSS