Forums

Help › Forums

Hello and some questions

rated by 0 users
Wed, Oct 26 2011 1:18 AM (5 replies)
  • shelvis
    2 Posts
    Sun, Oct 23 2011 2:15 PM

Hello all....Just joined yesterday after hearing a mate of mine go on and on about the game for a few months.  I signed up and went to practice a few rounds to learn the game and such, and also followed some tips my friend gave me.  So, after a whopping 3 rounds only...I have a few questions.

Is it reasonable to expect that the game will give me 7 headwinds and 2 cross winds on St. Andrews in a 9 hole game?---I've played there and it's not possible.

Is the meter bar always so jittery?  I followed the instructions that I read and cleared the cache, used chrome, etc..but, it's been hard to judge with all the jumping.

I keep gettting level upgrades and offers of new clubs...seems that's the bait to spend..any suggestions at which level to wait to purchase drivers, clubs, wedges etc...where they'll be useful for quite a while instead of seeing better ones each day.

That's it for now...sure there will be more to follow..anyway...thanks so much in advance for any answers/suggestions you might have.  I appreciate it...

Now...off to play some more practice holes before I shame myself by playing with/against someone else....going to work on chip/pitch/flop....and putting mostly.

• Joeyola
    1,210 Posts
    Mon, Oct 24 2011 2:17 AM

shelvis:
    Is it reasonable to expect that the game will give me 7 headwinds and 2 cross winds on St. Andrews in a 9 hole game?---I've played there and it's not possible.

Yes...this is quite normal even if it's not realistic.

shelvis:
    Is the meter bar always so jittery?  I followed the instructions that I read and cleared the cache, used chrome, etc..but, it's been hard to judge with all the jumping.

Check out the System Requirement over there--->.  A few things that work for me, to settle down the meter, is to not play with other programs running and if you are on a network computer, try not to play when others are streaming video of doing other functions that can slow down your system.  Try to turning off any game Options you don't need and lower the Flash quality.

shelvis:
    I keep gettting level upgrades and offers of new clubs...seems that's the bait to spend..any suggestions at which level to wait to purchase drivers, clubs, wedges etc...where they'll be useful for quite a while instead of seeing better ones each day.

Ask  yourself...what do I expect from this game?  That will guide you on how much you'll need to play and what equipment you will need to meet your expectations.  It really is different for each player.  Some play here for a long time with the free stuff and others buy equipment as soon as they start playing.  Keep in mind that equipment upgrades can make the game easier, but you'll most likely need to practice (play a lot) and learn all the different aspects of this game to play at the highest level.

Be be careful or you might get hooked...and be sure to check out the Getting Started and FAQs (over there---->) for more info. 

Joey

• JaLaBar
    1,254 Posts
    Tue, Oct 25 2011 6:20 AM

shelvis:

At level 6 I bought the Tour Plus set.  It is expensive, but it lasted me 42 levels, until I was high enough for the Raptures.  I also recommend not worrying about your putter for quite some time, but get some nice wedges ASAP.

• frappefort
    3,994 Posts
    Tue, Oct 25 2011 7:16 AM

the sooner,you get better balls,the better your game, may improuve,some balls will slow your meter a bit ,and patience,patience,and more patience is the key for this game ,and try,to have fun,dont take it to serius,but do the best you can...........:)

• shelvis
    2 Posts
    Tue, Oct 25 2011 10:13 PM

thanks to all of you for your input....great advice in each response.

been playing practice holes and not worrying about the scores..working on chips and pitches and such...as well as hitting many putts. 

• mantis0014
    8,946 Posts
    Wed, Oct 26 2011 1:18 AM

Download 'Game Booster' if you haven't got it...  Google it and a free download.

Make sure you close your profile page and only have the game screen running when playing a game....

This might help with a jumpy meter 

Cheers

Roger

RSS