Help › Forums

Longest Drive Not Recorded

rated by 0 users
Fri, Feb 3 2012 1:19 PM (10 replies)
  • PAGES
  • Jintfan89
    222 Posts
    Mon, Oct 24 2011 2:05 PM

I just hit a 401 yd drive on #3 at St Andrews and was not given credit for it as it is my longest drive. Will this show up upon completion of the game? I did not save it because I have better shots that are worth keeping more. I am still playing the game. What can be done? I have contacted WGT directly, but no response as of now.
    Please advise and thanks,
    jintfan89

• LizzieRossetti
    1,545 Posts
    Mon, Oct 24 2011 2:39 PM

Lots of factors in play here Jint.

Firstly, you would need to complete the round for any stats to show. This is in case you bail before finishing, where it will not allow you credit for anything collected in that round. If you make a replay on the other hand, that will remain whether you bail or no.

Next, it depends if the game is ranked or not, anything achieved in practice rounds or some other forms of gameplay is not shown on your stats.

Slightly more controversially for some, the ball has to stop on a fairway or green for it to be valid for inclusion in your stats.

Lizzie xx

• Yoda79
    697 Posts
    Mon, Oct 24 2011 2:43 PM

Hello there. One question. Where did the ball come to rest? Fairway? Green? Rough? Fringe? If it comes to rest in rough then it will not count. If it comes to rest on the fairway or green then it should count. Now I'm not too sure about the fringe. I could be wrong, but if it comes to rest on the fringe I believe it will not count. But again I'm not positive about the fringe. Also were you playing a ranked stroke play game? If not then I'm pretty sure it won't count. Match play games and alternate shot games and practice rounds do not count towards your stats. Little more information then either I or someone else could answer you with more certainty. Let us know. Take care.

Master Yoda

• Jintfan89
    222 Posts
    Mon, Oct 24 2011 2:53 PM

Thanks for responding to me Lizzie. I completed the game and the stat still does not show up. Yes the game is ranked, the October 18 hole unlimited. No the ball did not finish on the green or on the fairway but in fescue behind the green. Perhaps that is the reason. However, the stroke counted towards my score therefore it should be counted in my stats. I think it should count.

Jintfan89

• Jintfan89
    222 Posts
    Mon, Oct 24 2011 2:54 PM

Thanks for responding to me Yoda. I completed the game and the stat still does not show up. Yes the game is ranked, the October 18 hole unlimited for Tour Masters. No the ball did not finish on the green or on the fairway but in fescue behind the green. Perhaps that is the reason. However, the stroke counted towards my score therefore it should be counted in my stats. I think it should count.

Jintfan89

• Yoda79
    697 Posts
    Mon, Oct 24 2011 2:57 PM

Yeah fescue unfortunately doesn't count. Should it? Shouldn't it? I guess it's debatable. Still 401yds is one hell of a shot. Congrats on that,. Beats the hell out of mine. Good luck in the future! 

Master Yoda

• golfentwilly
    158 Posts
    Mon, Oct 24 2011 3:15 PM

ya ,,must be on fairway at end of roll ,or on the green

• TarheelsRule
    5,551 Posts
    Mon, Oct 24 2011 3:43 PM

For a long drive it has to finish in the fairway, which would include the fringe and the green.  A year ago drives that finished on the green didn't count, a glitch that WGT fixed.

If you think it through it makes sense.  If you hit one on the concrete road that rolled 800 yards before stopping in a parking lot that shouldn't count as a long drive.  Sort of like hitting a ball on one of the double greens at St Andrews into the wrong hole, still shouldn't count as an ace or eagle, you just hit it from the spot you drop to.

• lmcjaho
    132 Posts
    Thu, Oct 27 2011 12:17 AM

Pretty standard golf rule that Longest Drive must be in Fairway or on Green to count bud. Nice drive nonetheless!

• mantis0014
    8,946 Posts
    Thu, Oct 27 2011 2:56 AM

I hit a 420yrd drv once(or something stupid like that), it must have hit a concrete block as it took off like a missile after it bounced, it ran through the green onto fairway on other side....... but it was in An  'Alt Shot Game'.. not registered... I was a bit annoyed(to put it mildly)...lol

• PAGES
RSS