Forums

Help › Forums

The Most Beautifully Struck Shot ..!!!! ****

rated by 0 users
Thu, Oct 27 2011 11:59 PM (7 replies)
  • DarSum
    1,440 Posts
    Wed, Oct 26 2011 5:05 AM

I just made a post a week or so ago reminding people to pull that pin! It always seems the one time you don't pull it is when you hit the stick.

Sweet shot until it was shot off the pin like a rocket.

• hpurey
    11,505 Posts
    Wed, Oct 26 2011 11:24 AM

OUCH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  

• Donko58
    183 Posts
    Wed, Oct 26 2011 11:44 AM

DarSum:

I just made a post a week or so ago reminding people to pull that pin! It always seems the one time you don't pull it is when you hit the stick.

Sweet shot until it was shot off the pin like a rocket.

Hi DarSum....so do you pull the pin on all your approaches regardless of the distance?....interesting idea. I too have hit the pin and shot off like a rocket. 

• Kingsbridge
    3 Posts
    Wed, Oct 26 2011 11:54 AM

[/quote]After the ball l bounced back, i expected it would land on the bunker, it was going towards it, but it goes across the lip.. not real at all...[quote user="NottiGal"]

• b0geybuster
    2,574 Posts
    Wed, Oct 26 2011 12:47 PM

Donko58:
    Hi DarSum....so do you pull the pin on all your approaches regardless of the distance?....interesting idea. I too have hit the pin and shot off like a rocket. 

You will learn rather quickly that the pin hurts you more then it helps, a few shots like the one above, and you will start pulling the pin on most appraoches!

Cheers,

b0gey

• DarSum
    1,440 Posts
    Thu, Oct 27 2011 4:53 AM

Donko58:

I do if I'm playing RGs by myself. I usually don't if I'm playing Alt shot or multiple players. I don't want to seem cocky like I'm going to actually put it that close everytime so I need to pull the pin. But yes I do when I'm alone from 150yrds in or so and always within 50 yrds, even in multiplayer mode.

• JaLaBar
    1,254 Posts
    Thu, Oct 27 2011 11:59 PM

Something odd... I pull the pin in tourney play when hitting approaches, but not on chips or putts from the fringe.  The real negative effects from leaving the pin in seem to come on long approaches when the ball is travelling faster.  But I found that I sink more chips and fringe putts if I leave the pin in for those.  It's pretty rare on those to hit the pin and not go in.

RSS