Help › Forums

Begging !!!!!

Wed, Dec 7 2011 10:31 AM (30 replies)
  • LeGeNdCrUsHeR
    2,067 Posts
    Fri, Dec 2 2011 8:44 AM

TheBaddestAss:

LeGeNdCrUsHeR:

I was homeless once.  If it wasn't for me asking for help from someone else I would not have saved up enough money to rent a hotel room for the night ($28.47) so I could shower and shave for an interview that I had at a local diner the next day.

Subsequently, I got the job (making $6.50 per hour) thanks to asking for help from strangers.

Subsequently, I met my wife at that place.

Subsequently, I managed to purchase this place 6 years after starting there.

Subsequently, 5 years later I purchased 3 more stores.

Now I own the largest chain on the eastern seaboard, including 145 franchise stores and 3 training facilities.  Net worth over 980 million and growing.  If you have ever ate out on the east coast you may have ate at one of my places (Applebee's).

Thanks to the few people who gave me a fresh start.

T.R. Browning

This is from the worlds largest private franchise owner. 

Well since you are so up and up with Applebees.  Tell the morons to go back with the old burbon street steak seasoning that they had.  They changed it recently and it sucks donkeys.  TERRIBLE change in the seasoning.  It is nothing but eating a huge clove of carlic now.  Only reason I went there was for that steak.  Now will never go to another Applebees again.

I will check into this, it sounds to me as if they used the garlic thyme seasoning rather than the bourbon rub.  I apologize that you had a bad experience and I encourage you to come back out to Applebees in the future. Matter of fact, message me in the private box and let me know where you are and I will take care of your next tab.

• TheBaddestAss
    94 Posts
    Fri, Dec 2 2011 8:57 AM

LeGeNdCrUsHeR:

I will check into this, it sounds to me as if they used the garlic thyme seasoning rather than the bourbon rub.  I apologize that you had a bad experience and I encourage you to come back out to Applebees in the future. Matter of fact, message me in the private box and let me know where you are and I will take care of your next tab.

Wow, talk about customer service.  I honestly wish you would check into it because that steak is AMAZING!  And the Blondie dessert as well.

I sent you a friend request.  I will tell you which one it was that told me this information about the seasoning change and where it is located.  Thanks a bunch.

• TarheelsRule
    5,551 Posts
    Fri, Dec 2 2011 9:24 AM

Not sure how this thread went from a discussion of the begging that goes on in WGT to a discussion about the menu at Applebees but I'll weight in with my opinion.

There is a huge difference from someone who is homeless or due to current circumstances need help, I will always try to help these type of folks with whatever assistance I can give them, if they appear to be making a legitimate attempt to help themselves. 

That being said the begging on WGT is very different.  Someone sitting at home behind a computer with an internet connection begging for balls, clubs, etc. doesn't need your help.  They can play this game for no cost at all, they only troll the earnings list to see who might have big numbers and begs for stuff that they want, not things that they need.

If a homeless man tells me I need $10 for gas so I can drive to a job or I need $10 for food to buy something for my family - that is not a want it is a need.  If someone on WGT tells you to buy them a new set of irons, that is a want not a need.  

I have gifted people things on WGT and got things gifted to me but not by begging, let's clean this up on WGT.

• stevietwotimes
    1,327 Posts
    Fri, Dec 2 2011 9:47 AM

what a great rags to riches story and a damn nice fella legendcrusher is.

the story goes you only get outta life what you put into it and he definitely took his chance .

n1 bud.

• Bootsnbra
    2,322 Posts
    Fri, Dec 2 2011 9:50 AM

TarheelsRule:

If a homeless man tells me I need $10 for gas so I can drive to a job or I need $10 for food to buy something for my family - that is not a want it is a need.  If someone on WGT tells you to buy them a new set of irons, that is a want not a need.  

I have gifted people things on WGT and got things gifted to me but not by begging, let's clean this up on WGT.

2 years ago at Christmas time I had forgot a few things in the store. Upon going into the store I saw 2 men. Both had ten speed bikes, they had a tent, blankets, had built a rack for a small cooler and were homeless but they were not begging. They were simply standing there counting their change to see what they could afford to eat for Christmas eve. Their shoes were old an tattered and you could tell they had seen more miles then the manufacturer ever thought they would achieve. I went up and told them I thought their setup on their bikes was quite genius and we spoke a few minutes. On the way coming out of the store I handed them quite a bit of money and said Merry Christmas you were my present this year to myself and left.

The next year about a week before Christmas I had reason to shop at that same store. When I came out there were the two men together standing there. At first I did not recognize them because they were shaved and all cleaned up. They bought me a cup of coffee showed me the car they had just bought together and told me how they had put the money I gave them to work. They offered to give me the money back and I said No it was a gift and not a loan and that some day they might see someone who needs just a little boost. I like what you said Tarheels about "a want and not a need" and sometimes folks Need us .........but not on a game site. There is a huge difference between Need, Greed & Laziness.......use those credits to support an advertiser on here and hand a gift card to someone who needs.....you'll change the world we live in immediately ....... hugssss

Merry Christmas all ,

~Bootsie~

• LizzieRossetti
    1,545 Posts
    Fri, Dec 2 2011 11:41 AM

We were both 15, Amy and I. Amy was my friend, and as friends do, I would have given her anything. Someone else thought this too, and he gave her a free wrap of heroin.

An hour later she called me in a panic. Ten minutes after that she lay in my arms dying, and begging for me to help her.

I gave her as much of my heart as I could, but still she died, in my arms.

I don't give free equipment to beggars.

Lizzie xx

• OmegaManKFH
    113 Posts
    Fri, Dec 2 2011 12:29 PM

Wow,

This thread went from a good point, to funny, to downright sad. It's sadly amazing how it can do that.  I hope everyone has a great Christmas, Kwanzaa, Hanukkah, (I miss anything? lol) and a Happy, Prosperous New Year.

If you don't celebrate, for whatever reason, take any time off you get and simply spend it with family. You don't need to be religious for that. Peace.

OM

• twichipper
    424 Posts
    Fri, Dec 2 2011 1:03 PM

Well LC, I have truly enjoyed your success story. I believe it to be better than Howard Hughes. As far as helping homeless, I have done it several times,and when I had my own business, I offered 2 panhandlers a job. Both had been panhandling for about two tears. I knew because I had seen them almost every day I was working.

One day I offered one guy to work wih me fixing wood pallets, and he turned me down, because he said he makes about $30/hr bumming money. the next guy, lived near where I lived, but was an alchoholic,and absolutely refused any work from anybody. many people fall down, but very few find enough to pick themselves back up again.

I have lost my business of ten years, in july of 2010, due to health.But no bumming for me. Because in the words  of the Bible " My God supplies all my needs, according to His riches in Christ Jesus"  and he has every time.

So congrads again LC, good food at your restraunts, but cannot go there due to bad knees that are going to get fixed this year. ahrd to sit w/o having my legs propped up.

invite me for a game some time, I would love it

• Jerm65
    1,413 Posts
    Fri, Dec 2 2011 1:22 PM

twichipper:

Well LC, I have truly enjoyed your success story. I believe it.....

You have more faith than me then.  Sources please, LC?  While it's indeed a touching story, my faithful friend Google doesn't seem to have anything at all about it.  Odd that.....

Presumably you have a link you can post that might substantiate your claims?

Call me skeptical, but it's the internet....believe none of what you read, and only half of what you see.

Of course, I was wrong once before, so it's entirely possible it might happen again....

• gooch134
    236 Posts
    Wed, Dec 7 2011 8:49 AM

My first experience of Applebee's was on a weeks holiday to New York in 2003.  Loved the food so much at Applebee's times square  that I ate there every night ( well almost every night....girlfriend wanted to eat somewhere else for a change so had to give in 1 or 2 nights).

Then we went to Niagra Falls for two days.  We stayed in Toronto I think.  And guess what. Yep, I found Applebee's there too. 

I still get hungry thinking of the place.

Awesome story dude, makes the rest of us feel like wasters.

Cheers Gooch

RSS