Forums

Help › Forums

Jamie Lee's pop-up ads

rated by 0 users
Sun, Oct 30 2011 11:12 AM (8 replies)
  • Rzbk
    376 Posts
    Fri, Oct 28 2011 10:32 AM

I truly do not understand this one and hopefully some of you great but unpaid WGT researchers can help me once again.

Background:

I clicked on a multi-player 'stroke' game. We moved to the next page where the CC ads play as the game loads. 

Suddenly I am watching and hearing a loud blaring ad starring Jamie Lee Curtis (i liked her much better in "True Lies") extol the benefits of a bowel movement product.

This was so interesting and entertaining that I asked the other players if they enjoyed this as much as I did.

Much to my dismay, everyone else stated that they had NOT been forced to sit through this loud and annoying commercial.Hmmmmmm!

Questions;

Is "Big Brother" watching 'only' me?

Why wasn't EVERYONE forced to watch this bowel movement commercial?

How did they know just me needed that information? HOW???

This site is scaring me more every day.

I need answers quick.

Thanks

• overtheedge
    5,881 Posts
    Fri, Oct 28 2011 10:54 AM

Activiaaaaaaaa…J

What is just simply BRUTAL is the freaking drop down adds…WTF! The screen keeps sliding doooown….go to the next page- sliding dooooown..go to the next page- sliding doooown..WTF..lol

• Kurtsbuford
    7,592 Posts
    Fri, Oct 28 2011 11:01 AM

LOL.........you need to download spybot search and destroy right now,    if you dont, they will take over everything, they may even take over your golfer and wreck your scoring average.

btw, check out  my HIO at celtic manor today.    Uh huh.

• Rzbk
    376 Posts
    Fri, Oct 28 2011 11:37 AM

Thanks Kurtsbuford for your reply and suggestions. I will check that immediately but before I do maybe you can clear up one more question.

What does HIO mean?

Thanks,

rzbk

• Lashe
    824 Posts
    Fri, Oct 28 2011 11:50 AM

HIO = Hole In One

• Rzbk
    376 Posts
    Fri, Oct 28 2011 12:05 PM

HIO....hole in one...

duh!!

Thanks Lashe

• WGTicon
    12,511 Posts
    Fri, Oct 28 2011 12:50 PM

ad's are like big brother actually... they are done via google and their logic engine, so usually you get ad's for what you been searching for...

i usually get ad's for kitchen knives, steaks, tv's.. right now skycaddie cause I was looking for one.

so, each person's ad's are customized, but it's done automatically... this is a guess but from what I understand, most websites use google adsense, so anything you search there gets crosslinked to other sites you visit using adsense.. and so on.

-wgticon

• Rzbk
    376 Posts
    Sun, Oct 30 2011 11:07 AM

WGTicon:

ad's are like big brother actually... they are done via google and their logic engine, so usually you get ad's for what you been searching for...

i usually get ad's for kitchen knives, steaks, tv's.. right now skycaddie cause I was looking for one.

so, each person's ad's are customized, but it's done automatically... this is a guess but from what I understand, most websites use google adsense, so anything you search there gets crosslinked to other sites you visit using adsense.. and so on.

-wgticon

Hello wgticon and thanks for your reply,

No doubt you are much more knowledgeable in computer use than I am and I'm sure you know what you are talking about.

However,  in this instance you might think about getting a new information source. I have never inquired about any 'bowel movement' product and maybe "google adsense" should be changed to "google nonsense .

Also along these lines;

I have never inquired about 98% of the commercials I'm forced to watch and I doubt most other players have done so. 

You have bought up another question and it is;

If WGT isn't part of this commercial deal, then how can it suddenly 'pop-up'  only on my screen? According to your summary above, while I was engrossed in watching Jamie Lee then the other 3 players were also watching their favorite commercial's!

If so, I wonder why they didn't mention they were enjoying their own commercial?

Thanks

rzbk  

• broahes
    191 Posts
    Sun, Oct 30 2011 11:12 AM

Rzbk:

wgticon,

No doubt you are much more knowledgeable in computer use than I am and I'm sure you usually know what you are talking about.

However,  in this instance you should get a new information source. I have never inquired about any 'bowel movement' product and maybe "google adsense" should be changed to "google nonsense .

Also along these lines;

I have never inquired about 98% of the commercials I'm forced to watch and I doubt most other players have done so. 

You have bought up another question and it is;

According to your summary above, while I was engrossed in watching Jamie Lee then the other 3 players were also watching their favorite commercial's?

If so, I wonder why they didn't mention they were watching what they had been searching for? 

Thanks

rzbk  

Weren't able to take a *** yesterday huh?  You may or may not have googled it.. but Big Brother has eyes everywhere...

RSS