can a player make it to legend tier with only 22 ranked rounds 

• Dave33200
    2,955 Posts
    Sun, Dec 26 2021 10:08 AM

Yes, if the play in the coin rooms. 

• SamSpayed
    4,998 Posts
    Sun, Dec 26 2021 12:56 PM

You can also do it by beating higher-tiered players in match play.

• alosso
    21,054 Posts
    Sun, Dec 26 2021 3:19 PM

Players have sailed the tiers, at least to Champ, without any RRs, identifiable by a 150 average.

• Duphpherer
    457 Posts
    Sun, Dec 26 2021 11:49 PM

Yes, I made legend playing coin rooms with 12 ranked rounds. 

downunderkid:

can a player make it to legend tier with only 22 ranked rounds 

• Robert1893
    7,712 Posts
    Mon, Dec 27 2021 6:00 AM

Correct. I've seen Tour Champions with very few (< 10) ranked rounds.

• Alembic5
    18 Posts
    Tue, Dec 28 2021 2:20 PM

And as a result, people like me have to play against people who can drive as far or farther than me, teeing off sometimes over 75 yards in front of me. I have almost 2000 ranked rounds, been on here over 10 years. 

• Duphpherer
    457 Posts
    Tue, Dec 28 2021 3:05 PM

This game is backwards as it rewards leveling up and punishes tiering up. While leveling up brings the better equipment, tiering up brings nothing except the handicap of longer holes and faster greens.

Still enjoying the game and competition, but I was having a lot more fun (and scoring better) before I reached legend.  :)

Alembic5:

And as a result, people like me have to play against people who can drive as far or farther than me, teeing off sometimes over 75 yards in front of me. I have almost 2000 ranked rounds, been on here over 10 years. 

• Robert1893
    7,712 Posts
    Tue, Dec 28 2021 3:27 PM

Alembic5:

Players tiering up with fewer ranked rounds does not result in them teeing off 75 yards in front of you. In fact, tiering up moves them to the back tees, which are the same tees you play from. 

• HamdenPro
    2,468 Posts
    Tue, Dec 28 2021 4:03 PM

Alembic5:
    And as a result, people like me have to play against people who can drive as far or farther than me, teeing off sometimes over 75 yards in front of me.

Those that you are referring to are, for example, and without making any assumptions about anyone, or any group, in particular:

A Tour Pro, or Master, who has been playing for a while, strictly in coin rooms, or the random holes, who can reach high levels with advancing to higher tiers. This would allow them to purchase upgraded clubs, some maybe better than yours, yet still be able to play from forward tees.

I see this often.  It used to bother me until I realized, when I lost, it was usually due to a mistake I made as opposed to being out played. I do not sweat it, some people love to play match play, and coin rooms, almost exclusively, and others prefer "normal "ranked rounds with friends.

• PAGES
RSS