required ranked rounds to make legeng

rated by 0 users
Fri, Dec 31 2021 6:26 PM (14 replies)
  • PAGES
  • alosso
    21,054 Posts
    Wed, Dec 29 2021 12:07 AM

Duphpherer:
    This game is backwards as it rewards leveling up and punishes tiering up. While leveling up brings the better equipment, tiering up brings nothing except the handicap of longer holes and faster greens.
    Both goes hand in hand and is very forward for the company's success.

The company wants you to tier up to keep up with your growing skills, keeping the game challenging, and to motivate you to buy better clubs. This also includes a touch of fairness.

They give you fractioned access to the equipment using the levels. It's like a toy shop with different shelf levels - you can't access the better part of the stuff until you've "grown up" sufficiently. Alas, there's something new to buy around each next corner, pling-pling.

Next important element is the grind. Progress is quick and easy in the beginning, but the effort to raise in levels, as well as the time to climb the tiers, grows significantly, after L80 and after becoming a Legend. This is where the average player buys a lot of balls - pling-pling.

The ultimate highlight of their marketing is the Golden Calf presented in the Clashes, and it works big time, PLING-PLING!

• Duphpherer
    457 Posts
    Thu, Dec 30 2021 9:27 PM

Leveling up qualifies for better equipment. Better equipment means moving back on the tee isn't a major handicap. 

It would make sense to me if the tee boxes were level dependent, not tier dependent. A level 100 tour pro, with all the best clubs, can tee off 100 yards in front of level 80 legend with average clubs. 

This might also be a deterrent to sandbagging. 

• Robert1893
    7,712 Posts
    Fri, Dec 31 2021 9:22 AM

While it is possible for there to be high-level players (for example, a Level 100 player) at lower tiers (such as Tour Pro), I believe players exaggerate the number of times it actually happens.

It's classic confirmation bias or overgeneralization based on a small N. One can take one's pick.

Additionally, in part, WGT addresses this potential issue with those who play coin-only games. For the first few tiers, coin-only players are tiered up by levels.

• alosso
    21,054 Posts
    Fri, Dec 31 2021 4:31 PM

Duphpherer:
    It would make sense to me if the tee boxes were level dependent, not tier dependent.
    Actually, they changed from the former to the latter 11+ years ago. I were surprised if they'd change back.

Of course, the "mobile" games have changed all up.

• pmm711
    5,641 Posts
    Fri, Dec 31 2021 6:26 PM

You will never reach "legeng" tier...

Nuf sed

• PAGES
RSS