Help › Forums

Flares

rated by 0 users
Sun, Jan 2 2022 10:23 AM (15 replies)
  • PAGES
  • MioKontic
    4,643 Posts
    Thu, Dec 30 2021 8:59 AM

Seems someone has been letting off flares behind the 4th(?) green on Congressional...

Click on the picture for a larger view.

First time in 10 years I've noticed that, mainly because I'm focusing on the job in hand, but when you have someone taking 40+ seconds on each shot you tend to get a bit bored and start looking around.

Still got my 3 to his 4, so what a waste of 2 and a half minutes that was for him!  AND ME!!!

• HamdenPro
    2,468 Posts
    Thu, Dec 30 2021 11:50 AM

I cannot see anything. Where are the flares?

Is it possible, because your opponent was taking more that 10 seconds and you go so mad, that you were seeing spots?

• MioKontic
    4,643 Posts
    Thu, Dec 30 2021 2:29 PM

You don't see the red flare at the back of the green, on the right of the picture?  Click on it to enlarge it, you can't miss it then.

• HamdenPro
    2,468 Posts
    Thu, Dec 30 2021 3:47 PM

Yep, I see it now. When I first saw it, it looked more like a tent, or "bubble".  Enlarged, I can see the smoke. Hmmmm...

Given that this was on Congressional, on the 4th green, it can only be 1 of two things:

1) A reference to the 4th of July; or

2) A riot.

I hope was 1 but I fear it was 2.

Here it is enlarged:

You may be onto something Mio, I will have to go check it out. 

• garylewisgr
    415 Posts
    Thu, Dec 30 2021 5:34 PM

Or it could be just flowers that golf courses love to decorate their courses with when having tourneys !

Gary       

HAPPY NEW YEAR !

• Cicero733
    2,307 Posts
    Thu, Dec 30 2021 5:37 PM

You don’t think that’s part of the landscaping? Like maybe azaleas or small leaf rhododendron?

• HamdenPro
    2,468 Posts
    Thu, Dec 30 2021 5:43 PM

Cicero733:
    You don’t think that’s part of the landscaping?

No, I think Mio is correct. When I did enlarge the picture, I could clearly see the whiteish gray smoke transitioning into the red and at the end of the "cloud" it thins out.  Definitely smoke, like a flare, but considering it is the 4th hole of a course originally created for members of Congress, and guest, I would say it is no coincidence. IMO

EDIT: And then again, it could be landscaping like maybe azaleas or small leaf rhododendron.

• PureGro1
    1,656 Posts
    Fri, Dec 31 2021 1:58 PM

HamdenPro:
    EDIT: And then again, it could be landscaping like maybe azaleas or small leaf rhododendron.

hole 5 or 6 you can get a good view from tee...

• HamdenPro
    2,468 Posts
    Fri, Dec 31 2021 4:37 PM

I had just an incredible moment, one of those moments where you know, somehow, we are all connected.

I was just about to send a PM to Mr. Mostly Right and ask about you (PureGro1). I had not seen you in the forums for a little while and thought the worst. Either you were banned or caught in a vortex while reading the Last Word.

Happy New Year!

• pmm711
    5,641 Posts
    Fri, Dec 31 2021 6:16 PM

Who really cares?  Bushes exist on golf courses.  This isn't the Northern Lights or anything FCS.

• PAGES
RSS