Forums

Help › Forums

DISABLING SPECIAL BALL EFFECTS

Fri, Jan 13 2023 6:27 AM (9 replies)
  • slimjym
    141 Posts
    Wed, Mar 23 2022 12:43 PM

I've forgotten how to disable ball effects. Clicking the ball effects icon in the bottom right corner brings up all the different ball effects I currently have available. This is overlaid by the "ball spin setting" pictorial. I'm able to choose between various effects, but nowhere do I see how to completely disable the ball effects that I currently have enabled. Help appreciated.

• HamdenPro
    2,467 Posts
    Wed, Mar 23 2022 12:51 PM

slimjym:
    I've forgotten how to disable ball effects

When you click on the ball, like when you want to adjust spin, and the special effects pop up above the ball, you can scroll down on the effects window and you will find the red circle with the line through, indicating Effect Off... see below:

• ScottHope
    10,324 Posts
    Wed, Mar 23 2022 2:15 PM

Strangely, I have trouble getting that 'ball effects' window to scroll. If you have the same problem, try hovering your mouse over one of the ball effects that has a plus '➕' next to it (hover on the plus sign) then roll your mouse wheel, or hover over an effect that hasn't run out, then scroll your mouse wheel.

• HamdenPro
    2,467 Posts
    Wed, Mar 23 2022 2:49 PM

ScottHope:
    Strangely, I have trouble getting that 'ball effects' window to scroll

I am able to do it the same way you would do a "drag and drop". I put the pointer on the dark area, not on any effect. I hold the left mouse key down and move the pointer up, like so:

• Imahacker58
    372 Posts
    Wed, Mar 23 2022 4:34 PM

These so called “special effects” are imo the most annoying aspect of the whole WGT experience, wish I could disable opponents special effects so only they can see them,lol.

• Cicero733
    2,306 Posts
    Wed, Mar 23 2022 5:49 PM

+1

• slimjym
    141 Posts
    Wed, Mar 23 2022 8:30 PM

I appreciate the help HamdenPro. I thought I remember seeing a "no effects" icon in the past. I was FINALLY able to get my mouse to scroll down to this icon (after some difficulty as Scott Hope), & disable the ball effects. Many thanks Slimjym

• ScottHope
    10,324 Posts
    Thu, Mar 24 2022 2:16 AM

HamdenPro:
    I am able to do it the same way you would do a "drag and drop". I put the pointer on the dark area, not on any effect. I hold the left mouse key down and move the pointer up, like so:

Nope, doesn't work for me. The only difference I can see in our effects window is that all yours are active, whereas all mine are at '0'.

If they become non-clickable when they are at zero and the target area (click zone) for each effect is a rectangle that touches the one next to it, then that would explain why I can't drag the window by clicking on the effect icons or inbetween them (clicking the '+' does work though), but I'm only guessing.

It doesn't matter to me because I don't use them, but I like to know why things don't do what you expect them to. : )

• HamdenPro
    2,467 Posts
    Thu, Mar 24 2022 6:41 AM

ScottHope:
    The only difference I can see in our effects window is that all yours are active, whereas all mine are at '0'

Mine are all active because I do not use them. I agree with those who find them more annoying (especially this past Halloween) than useful.

• MatchlessSC30
    1 Posts
    Fri, Jan 13 2023 6:27 AM

Agree!  Especially that annoying turkey gobble.  I end up turning down the volume but then I miss hearing my own sounds.  WGT should implement a feature to disable an opponent’s ball effects.  Both audible and visual.

RSS